Chapter 12

Third Person POV

"What're you wearing? It's freezing outside" Jess exclaims as he sees Evan enter the Diner from the stairs to help him open.

"Then it's a good thing I don't leave this Diner very much, isn't it?" the girl sasses back. Evan had woken up in a rather good mood today, so she decided to dress for it.

"You're gonna get cold" Jess says knowingly, rolling his eyes.

"I won't, I'm going to be running around all day. It's going to get hot very quickly" Evan retorts, she felt nice, and she didn't understand what his problem was with her outfit.

Jess had his own problems with the outfit. It wasn't because she didn't look gorgeous or that he didn't like the outfit in general. He loved the outfit. The problem was everyone else loved her outfits as well.

She might not leave the Diner as much as he would like but people do walk past and come in.

Such as, teenage boys, they ogle and stare and say things about her while he's at school that he can always hear.

He had a hard time keeping his mouth shut in the first place. Now, with this outfit, it might be damn near impossible. Although to him, it didn't really matter. He could fight.

Speaking of him being able to fight, here comes a group of guys right now. Mitch and his posse. They were always the worst ones at ogling the girl. The ones he had to worry the most about losing his temper on.

He had caught them staring, again, through the window. Making jokes that he couldn't hear and laughing. Glaring at them was the only thing he could do.

The girl was oblivious, and he wanted to keep it that way just for a little bit. The less people she thought noticed her, the safer he could keep her. At that moment, Luke walked downstairs.

"Hey Luke, come here" Jess whispers, gesturing his uncle over, "Could we get some curtains or somethin'?"

"What? Why?" Luke questions, confused.

Jess just nods his head between his working roommate and outside the window.

Luke turns his head, seeing the walking STD's staring into his Diner, "Oh you have got to be kidding me."

Luke goes to bolt outside but they start running away.

"I can't believe this, it's like chivalry is dead now a days and everybody stares." Luke says all upset.

"That's teenage boys for ya. Horny as hell and not very discreet about it. Although, I am a little glad she's oblivious to it." Jess states, as if coming to a realization.

"Why do you say that?" Luke questions.

"If she's oblivious to than that means she won't fall for anything they try to get away with"

Luke skeptically says, "I don't know Jess, you'd be surprised at the things she notices. At the things she already knows. I mean, take your first day here as example."

"Why would she choose to ignore it thought instead of actually doing something about it?" Jess questions, confused.

"Because she knows, that if she gave them attention it'll just make them want to start doing more than just standing across the street staring." Evan says from behind them, making them jump slightly in the air.

"I told you to quit doing that" Luke exclaims, taking a deep breath.

"You shouldn't have been talking about me in a not-so-quiet manner then, shouldn't you?" she rebuttals tilting her head, "Look guys I appreciate the protectiveness, but you Luke more than anyone should know that I notice when people are staring at me. I'm fine guys, thanks though."