Part 2

Harry looked up from where he was talking to Ron and Hermione to see Dumbledore. It was their first night back at Hogwarts; they had only arrived that evening.
"Now that we'll all settled in and sorted," Dumbledore spoke loudly. "I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests, as well. Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event..."
(A/N: I'm going to skip this part, since most of you probably read, or watched, it already xD)
Harry, Ron and Hermione sat on the couch of the Gryffindor Common Room. Their fellow Gryffindors, Seamus Finnegan and Neville Longbottom joined them, talking quietly about the girls of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.
"I can't believe he's actually in the castle!" Ron breathed, a stupid smile spread across his face.
"Who?" Neville asked.
"Who?" Ron gasped, sitting up. "Viktor Krum, of course!"
"Blimey, I can't believe we have a bunch of hot French girls in the castle all year!" Seamus said, laughing. Harry nodded in agreement, earning a elbow in the ribs from Hermione.
"What?" he asked, rubbing his side. Hermione looked away, a blush appearing on her cheeks. Harry smirked, rolling his eyes, and turned his attention back towards his friends.
"I'm going to talk to Ginny," Hermione sighed. She picked up her books and walked towards the staircase to the girl's dormitory. As she disappeared up the stairs, she glanced at Harry, giving him a small smile.
"What's up with her?" Neville asked, who was staring after Hermione as well.
"Nothing," Harry defended her quickly. He didn't know what her problem was either, but he didn't want them to get the wrong idea.
"Maybe she's jealous that her two best friends are all over the sexy French girls," Seamus joked, nudging Ron in the side. Harry throw one of the dark red pillows at his friend, hitting him square in the face.
"She was the one obsessing over Krum at the World Cup!" he laughed, lacing his fingers together at the back of his neck.
"Hey, Ron! You and her actually found something in common!" Seamus teased, earning another pillow thrown at him by Ron.
~
Harry lay in his bed, staring down at the Marauder's Map in silence. It was pitch black in the boys' dormitory, except for the faint light illuminating off Harry's wand. He had no idea how late it was, only that his friends had gone to sleep a few hours ago.
He watched as the black footprints labeled as "Severus Snape" paced back and forth inside his potions closet.
The rest of the castle was empty. Harry went to put the map away, but was stopped by some more movement on the map.
He looked down at the footprints, reading them as "Hermione Granger".
Confused, Harry got out of bed, slipping his shoes on, and exited the dormitory.
Why was Hermione up so late? Why was she walking around the castle at night?
He followed the map directly to her, passing Snape's potions closet on the way.
He could hear the low muttering of him and the sounds of his shoes clicking on the floor. Harry quietly passed the closet, and turned the corner. Halfway up the corridor, he could see another wand illuminating, outlining a head of brown hair.
"Hermione?" Harry called quietly, though his voice echoes off the halls greatly. Hermione whipped around, her eyes wide and afraid.
"Oh, Harry," she breathed, lowering her wand. "It's just you."
Harry walked up to her, "What are you doing out at night?" he asked.
Hermione looked away, avoiding eye contact. Harry sighed, "It's alright, you don't have to tell me."
"No!" Hermione shouted, covering her mouth after realizing how loud she had been. "I've actually been doing this since last year... Not every night, only some, I would sneak out and just... explore the castle. I just thought I could learn something?"
Harry nodded in understanding.
"Wait a minute, how did you find me anyway?" asked Hermione. Harry held up the Marauder's Map, and she rolled her eyes. "You still have that thing?"
"It comes in handy," Harry defended, folding it up. Hermione stopped him, placing her hand on his arm, sending goosebumps up his arm.
"Wait," she looked down at the Map, narrowing her eyes. "Snape's coming!"
She grabbed Harry's hand and took off running with warning. Harry sped after her, almost tripping.
"Hermione, we're going the wrong way!" He said quietly. Hermione ignored him, and turned a corner quickly.
She led him through the dark halls of the castle until they reached the entrance to the Gryffindor Tower. Harry, out of breath, stared at Hermione in amazement.
"Good thing you sneak out at night," he joked, smiling. Hermione rolled her eyes, though she was smiling too. She grabbed his hand and entered the Tower, him following close behind.
The common room was completely empty. The fire was only a pile of dimly glowing embers, making the room glow orange.
Harry and Hermione went to separate to their dormitories, but she stopped him.
"Goodnight, Harry," she smiled, leaning in and planting a small kiss on his cheek. She turned around and disappeared up the staircase to her dormitory, leaving Harry soaring high about the clouds.
He placed his hand over his cheek, where she had just kissed moments ago.
"Night, Hermione."
~
Harry sat in between Hermione and Ron, watching the blue flames of the Goblet of Fire. The students of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang all crowded in the Great Hall, anxiously waiting for the announcement of the champions. Beside him, Hermione shifted in her seat. Her arm brushed against Harry's, sending a pleasurable feeling up his arm. He chanced a look towards her to see her looking at him. Their eyes met, and they both hurriedly looked away, their cheeks reddening.
Before Harry could say anything, the doors to the Great Hall opened. Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall entered the Hall, followed by Madame Maxime and Igor Karkaroff.
"Sit down," Dumbledore ordered, weaving his way towards the Goblet of Fire. Once everyone was seated, he spoke again, "Now, the moment we've been waiting for, the champion selection!"
-
The champions have been selected; The Beauxbatons champion was Fleur Delacour, The Durmstrang: Viktor Krum, and the Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory.
Harry clapped happily as Cedric made his way over to the other champions, earning high-fives by his schoolmates.
Suddenly, the Goblet's blue flames turned red, and rose higher in the air. Dumbledore turned around, and gazed at the Goblet, confused. Another piece of burnt parchment exploded out of the cup, landing in Dumbledore's hand gently.
Harry sat up in his chair, straining to get a good view. Dumbledore unfolded the piece of paper carefully, his eyes widening. His mouth moved as if he were saying something, but Harry couldn't hear what.
The Headmaster turned around and scanned the audience, "Harry Potter."
Harry's heart dropped to his feet. Had he heard him correctly? He lowered himself in his chair, shielding himself from the headmaster.
"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called again, much more demanding this time. Harry felt Hermione hand around his arm, giving him a gentle push.
"Go on," she whispered softly. "Goodness, Harry."
Shocked whispers came from the crowd as Harry stumbled towards Dumbledore. He glanced back towards the Gryffindor table. Hermione watched him carefully, fear clearly visible in her golden eyes.
Harry faced Dumbledore, who handed him the piece of parchment. He looked down at it, immediately looking back at Dumbledore as he realized it read his name. The headmaster gestured for him to join the other champions, though his face was full of disappointment.
Harry obeyed and joined the other champions. He felt small and trapped under the angry stares of his schoolmates.
He hadn't put his name in the Goblet of Fire! But the question was: who did?
~
Harry sat in the common room, watching the orange flames of the fire crackling in the fire place. Hermione sat next to him, her arm linked with his. She seemed to be the only one who wasn't mad at him, and he greatly appreciated that. Seamus, Neville and Ron sat across the room, whispering amongst themselves. Occasionally, they'd glance over at Harry, anger clear in their eyes.
Harry had already explained to his professors that he didn't enter his name, though he didn't have a chance to tell that to his classmates; though they lost likely wouldn't have believed him anyway.
Harry sighed and rested his face in his hands. Hermione rubbed his back comfortingly. She didn't speak, but Harry didn't care at the moment. He just wanted someone to believe him; and that someone was her.
"I didn't put my name in the damn cup," he muttered through his hands.
"I know," said Hermione quietly. She glanced in Ron's direction, where they were still in deep chat.
Ron suddenly stood up and walked over to the couch Harry and Hermione were sitting on.
"How'd you do it?" He asked. Harry ignored him, though Hermione send him a glare that basically said, "shut up or I'll hex you into another dimension".
Ron scoffed, "never mind."
Harry tensed under Hermione's hand, sitting up and staring at Ron.
"You might as well let your best friend know," his ginger-haired friend continued.
"Know what?" Harry asked, his voice edged with anger.
"You know bloody well what!" Ron yelled, throwing his hands in the air for dramatization.
"I didn't ask for this to happen, Ron!" Harry sighed. "You're being stupid."
"Yeah that's me," Ron muttered, sitting on one of the dark red armchairs. "Harry Potter's stupid friend."
"Ron," Hermione warned quietly. She entwined her fingers with Harry's, rubbing his hand comfortingly.
"I didn't put my name in that cup. I don't want eternal glory. I
just wanna be..." Harry closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. "Look, I don't know what happened tonight, and I don't
know why. It just did, okay?"
Ron scoffed, standing up from the air chair, and disappeared up the staircase that led to the boys' dormitory. Seamus and Neville glared daggers at him before following Ron up the stairs, leaving him and Hermione alone.
"Don't listen to them, Harry," Hermione sighed and stared after the three boys.
"You believe me, don't you?" asked Harry, his voice cracking at the end. He felt heat flushing to his cheeks, which made Hermione smile a little.
"Of course I do, Harry," she whispered. She then did something that neither of them really expected; she kissed him.
Though it was only a small peck, the two of them stared into each other's wide eyes, lost for words.
What just happened?

A/N:
Hi ^-^
So, I really hope you like this story so far! I like writing it A LOT, and I hope you like it too!
Three things I REALLY appreciate are:
Reads (duh)
Votes
Feedback!
So please give me your opinion on this story. (:
Tell me how I can improve, or give me ideas, or whatever !
It'll mean a lot guys! and I hope you like the story so far! I'll update soon. (: