Part 11

The next morning, Harry awoke to the sound of laughter. As he opened his eyes, he came face to face with half of the Gryffindors. Fred and George stood closest, their faces red with laughter. At first, Harry was confused, but then he remembered.
He sat up quickly and stared around the common room with wide eyes. Hermione laid next to him, only starting to stir.
"Morning, sleepy head!" Fred said rather loudly. "Have a nice sleep?"
Harry groaned and weakly threw a pillow at his friend, "Shut up."
Beside him, Hermione sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Harry smiled at the sight of her. Only about six in the morning, and she still looked beautiful. Memories from the night before were fresh in Harry's mind, which made his smile even larger.
Hermione's eyes were wide open now, and she was staring around the room, her cheeks were a deep shade of pink.
"Don't worry, Hermione," George said, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Only we will know."
"For some reason, I can't trust you with that," said Hermione. She shrugged his shoulder off and stood up, pushing her way past the Gryffindors. As she climbed up the staircase that led to the girl's dormitory, she glanced at Harry and gave him a small, though rather embarrassed smile.
As Harry climbed the staircase leading to his dormitory, he was followed by Ron. He took no notice of this until he was sitting on his four-poster, facing his ginger-haired friend.
"Am I aloud to ask why you slept on the couch, with Hermione?" Ron asked. His blue eyes shot daggers at Harry, making him quite nervous.
"We were talking," he said quickly, which wasn't a lie. "And I guess we fell asleep."
Ron scoffed and, without another word, disappeared down the staircase once again. Harry rolled his eyes and sighed, laying down on his four-poster. He was thankful that it was the weekend; he needed to catch up on his rest.
~
Hermione sat in the courtyard alone, reading The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4. The courtyard flourished with students from all three schools, enjoying the first warm day in ages. Once in a while, she'd get a few glares sent her way by passing students, and she knew that word of her and Harry had gotten out.
After about an hour of attempting to read, Hermione finally gave up. She scoffed and slammed her book shut before shoving it in her satchel. She stood up, only to run into something, causing her satchel to fall to the ground. Hermione sighed impatiently as all of her books scattered onto the ground. She immediately recognized who she had ran into as she heard his laugh.
"Shut up, Malfoy," she growled as she bent down to pick up her books. As she reached for the last book, the rest of them were knocked out of her hands by Malfoy's foot.
"Sorry, Mudblood," he spat, satisfaction clear in his dark eyes.
Hermione looked up at him with so much hatred in her glare, she could've sworn she saw a flicker of fear in Malfoy's eyes. Though, she wouldn't be surprised. He was a complete coward.
Hermione stood up and went to reach for her wand, but her hand only came in contact with another soft hand. She turned around to see Harry, glaring at Malfoy with his arm around her waist.
"Oh look, it's Potter," Draco sneered, glancing at his followers, Crabbe and Goyle. "A Triwizard Champion."
Hermione felt Harry's fist clench against her waist, and she silently prayed that he would control his temper. She grabbed his hand and rubbed her thumb across it comfortingly.
"My father didn't think he'd last five minutes in this tournament," said Malfoy. "Let alone make it into the final round!"
"I don't give a damn what your father thinks!" Harry spat, taking a step towards Malfoy. "He's vile and cruel; and you're pathetic."
He turned around, grabbing Hermione's hand, and began to walk away. She was thankful that he- somewhat- controlled his temper.
"Pathetic?" she heard Malfoy mutter. "Let's she if you think I'm pathetic after I curse your little mudblood girlfriend-"
He was cut off as Professor Moody suddenly pushed past Harry and Hermione, "Hold it there, sonny!" he growled. Hermione turned around just in time to see Malfoy shrink to the ground in a cloud of smoke. As the smoke cleared, she saw a small white ferret standing where Draco once stood. She couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face at the sight.
"I'll teach you to curse somebody when their back is turned," Moody growled. He flicked his wand once, and the white ferret was lifted in the air. It's short legs flailed helplessly towards the ground, and it let out quiet squeals of protest. A crowd of students had gathered around, and were laughing rather loudly. Crabbe and Goyle watched helplessly as Moody played with the ferret.
"You stinkin', cowardly, scummy, backstabbing..." Professor Moody was interrupted as Professor McGonagall pushed through the crowd of students.
"Professor Moody!" she gasped as her eyes rested on the ferret that was now six feet in the air. "Is that a- is that a student?!"
"Technically, it's a ferret," Moody said. He glanced at Hermione and Harry, giving them a small wink. Professor McGonagall gave him a glare that immediately made him lower the ferret to the ground, where it transformed back into Malfoy. Draco sat on the ground, hunched over and staring at Moody with fear in his eyes. Everyone was quiet, watching intently as the two professors quarreled. A small giggle escaped from Hermione's mouth as she looked at Draco, which earned her a glare from McGonagall. She felt her cheeks go red, and she stared at the ground.
~
Harry and Hermione sat in the common room- which wasn't unusual for them. Everyone else was outside, enjoying the warm day. Harry was reading his Quidditch book, while Hermione hopelessly gazed around the common room. She didn't feel like reading- for once in her entire life.
Her eyes snapped towards the door as she heard it open. Ginny stepped into the common room, her eyes darkening as she realized they were there.
"Ron was wondering where you were," she said quietly. She avoided Harry's gaze, but her eyes were fixed on Hermione. Hermione almost flinched under her eye, suddenly becoming uncomfortable.
"Well, you found us," Harry said as he set his book down.
"Yeah, I'm surprised you two weren't snogging," Ginny muttered. She then- with her nose high in the air- climbed the staircase that led to the girl's dormitory.
Hermione sighed and stood up from the couch, "I'll be right back." she said to Harry before running up the staircase after Ginny. She found her friend sitting on her four-poster, reading a book.
"Ginny, are you okay?" asked Hermione quietly. Ginny groaned and set the book on her lap.
"Oh of course I'm alright," she said, though Hermione could hear the sarcasm in her tone.
"What's wrong?" Hermione asked, sitting down on the edge of her bed.
"What's wrong?" Ginny repeated, sitting up and staring at Hermione as if she had just grown two heads. "It's you, Hermione, and Harry! You two- together! It's killing me to see that when I should be the one he loves!"
Hermione shook her head quickly, "No, Ginny, no. We're not together-"
"Don't lie," Ginny said coldly. "I see the way you look at each other. Even if you're not together now, it won't be long before you are."
She got off the bed and said, "Now quit following me and leave me alone," before she disappeared out of the dormitory.
Hermione stared after her, unable to move herself from the bed. Why didn't she believe her? She was jealous, yes, because she liked Harry, but she should believe Hermione...
Though every Gryffindor had come to think Harry and Hermione were together, but why? Yeah, they went to the Yule Ball together, but things have changed since then. She was sure Harry only wanted to be friends. But, after the night before, she wasn't so sure what was happening.
A/N:
Hiiiii. This chapter sucks lol. I had nothing to write about sooooo....