Part 13

Hermione awoke as the sun began to appear over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest. It's glow made everything it touched- including the girl's dormitory- glow a bright orangey color. Hermione sat up in her four-poster, sliding the curtains open. She cursed to herself as the brightness reached her eyes. Her bed was directly in front of a window, and the winter sun happened to be in the same position as that very window. Hermione took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the morning sun before slipping out of bed. She stumbled over the box that she has hidden under her bed, and realization flooded over her. Today was Christmas!
Hermione rushed down the stairs and slipped her present under the oversized Christmas tree that was set up in the common room. No one was awake- which wasn't unusual for Hermione- so she took a seat on one of the sofas.
After a few minutes, Hermione heard a second set of footsteps walking down from the boy's dormitory. She sat up and smiled as she saw Harry climbing sleepily down the stairs; wearing only his boxers.
"Morning," she giggled, trying to avert her eyes from his boxers. Though, it didn't work too well.
Harry followed Hermione's eyes with a smirk on his face. She could tell he had no idea, however.
"You like what you see?" he asked, glancing back up at Hermione. She grabbed one of the dark red pillows and chucked it at him, hitting him in the chest.
"Go get dressed, Potter," she said, though she was smiling. Harry returned her smile then disappeared back up the staircase. Hermione stared after him with a stupid smile on her face. She sounded like a horrible person for this- but she couldn't get the image of him in his boxers out of her head.
Harry soon reappeared- this time wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt- and took a seat next to Hermione.
"Am I aloud to talk now?" he asked cheekily, and Hermione nodded. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her small waist, pulling her closer to him.
"Merry Christmas," he said as he pressed his lips against hers. Fireworks erupted inside of Hermione as their lips moved in sync with each other.
She didn't know who pulled away, but she did know that it was far too soon. She let out a quiet, disappointed moan as she opened her eyes. Harry was staring down at her- all the tiredness disappeared from his sparkling green eyes.
"I didn't say I wanted to stop," he said quietly. He surprised Hermione by pushing her gently so that she was laying on the couch. Hermione's surprised gasp was cut off by Harry's lips coming in contact with hers once more. She kissed back eagerly, wrapping her arms around his neck and running her hands through his hair. Kissing Harry was like heaven to her; all the thoughts in her mind were immediately erased the moment his soft, chapped lips met hers. She felt a slight burning sensation in the pit of her stomach, though she liked the feeling.
They quickly pulled away at the sound of footsteps. Hermione felt heat flushing to her cheeks as Seamus and Dean entered the room, though they were completely unaware of what they almost walked in on.
"Happy Christmas!" Seamus said excitedly, plopping himself down on an armchair. Hermione gave him a small, awkward smile in response, the heat in her cheeks growing even hotter.
"I wonder if mum sent me any presents?" Dean said as he kneeled in front of the Christmas tree. He rummaged through the many presents as he searched for his.
Before long, it seemed as if all the Gryffindors were in the common room. Harry and Hermione sat awkwardly on the couch as their piers rummaged through their gifts.
Fred and George brought out a tray of custard creams and set them on a nearby table. They both had mischievous smiles on their faces, and Hermione knew that had done something to the creams. Her theory was proved correct as Neville hungrily gulped down a creme, moments later transforming into a large, yellow canary.
"Yes!" Fred and George said in unison, high-fiving one another. Neville opened his mouth as if to say something, but only the song of a canary came out. Everyone turned their attention to him, laughing rather loudly.
Hermione couldn't help but feel bad for Neville, though she ended up laughing as well. After about a minute of angry tweets, Neville shed his feathers and returned to his normal state. He looked angry for a moment, but soon joined in the the laughter.
Before long, almost all the presents under the tree have been unwrapped- apart from two, one of which was to Harry from Hermione. The common room eventually emptied, leaving Harry and Hermione alone.
Hermione walked over to the Christmas tree and picked up her present to Harry. She walked over to him and handed him the package, a small smile on her face.
"Happy Christmas, Harry," she said softly.
"You didn't have to get me anything," Harry insisted, carefully playing with the wrapping paper. "Being with you is enough."
"I wanted to," said Hermione. Harry rolled his eyes, though had a smile on his face as he unwrapped the gift. His eyes widened as he slowly revealed the broom- or the box of which it was package in.
"Hermione, you didn't have to buy me a broom," he gasped, though he looked at the broom pictured on the box in awe.
Hermione shrugged, and once again said, "I wanted to." Harry smiled and kissed her softly, though quickly. She let out a quiet, disappointed moan as he stood up. Harry glanced back at her, a slight smirk on his face, as he picked up a small wrapped box. He walked back over to the couch and handed it to her before taking a seat next to her, snaking his arm around her small waist.
"Happy Christmas," he whispered and kissed her neck softly. Goosebumps raised on Hermione's arm as she shakily unwrapped the gift. As she slid the wrapping paper off, it revealed a small, black box, which was tied shut with a red bow. Hermione quickly untied the bow and took the lid off.
She gasped at the sight, and turned to look at Harry.
"Harry, it's beautiful," she whispered. Harry smiled and took the box from her. He slid the diamond ring out of it's hold and slipped it on her ring finger before kissing her hand.
"I thought you might like it," he said, rather cheekily.
Hermione smiled and pressed her lips against his, "I love it, Harry."
A/N:
Awwwww XD
I don't have much to say soooo... yeah.