chapter six: realizations

trigger warning:
so this story is a pregnancy fic (like said before)

I put this trigger warning for everyone who feels uncomfortable with the topic right now. Wattpad is supposed to be a safe space for everyone - so don't read it if unplanned pregnancies make you uncomfortable! <3

Hope you will still enjoy this chapter/the story, because the main plot starts now! :)

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Natalia sat nervously on the couch in the waiting area of ​​the doctor's office. The doctor had asked her about her symptoms and pretty quickly he realized that she probably wasn't sick.

He said he had called his female colleague and told Natalia that she will be there in 20 minutes to examine her. In the meantime he gave her a cup to pee in.

"How are you?" asked Mrs. Murphy, sitting next to Natalia.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know" she replied. The result wasn't there yet, and she was scared and confused at the same time.

She knew she hadn't been feeling well for a few days or weeks. And the night in the hotel was six to seven weeks ago. So she feared the worst. Not only could she be pregnant from a one night stand, but also from her boss.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I don't want to burden you with my problems, Mrs. Murphy" Natalia told her, which made Mrs. Murphy chuckle softly.

"It's okay. And please call me Connie, okay? I'm only a few years older than you, and otherwise I'd feel like a grandma"

Natalia nodded, "Thank you"

"Don't worry about it, okay? Everything's gonna be alright" she told her.

"Well, I don't know what to do if the test comes back positive" she said honestly.

Connie sighed, "Sorry to ask, but do you know who the father could be? - only if you're really pregnant of course"

Natalia nodded and stared at the floor infront of her.

"Don't worry about that now. Maybe the test will be negative. And if not, maybe the father will be happy about it too, you know?"

Natalia let out a sarcastic laugh, "Well, but I won't be happy. And I know damn well that the father wouldn't want a baby. At least not with me"

"Right, I'm sorry if I was insensitive. I've had baby fever for a long time. Please don't be mad at what I said" Connie replied.

But before Natalia could answer, her name was called.

"Everything is going to be okay, yes?" Connie told Natalia when she got up from the couch.

Natalia nervously went into the room and sat down on the chair.

"Ms. Volkov, I don't want to beat about the bush, so, as you suspected, you are pregnant" the female doctor told her.

Shocked Natalia stared at the woman. Her heart started beating faster and she immediately became desperate, "Really?"

"Yes, the test came back positive. But I would still like to do an ultrasound"

"Okay" she mumbled.

And some time later, she left the room with a picture in her hand. "How was it?" Connie asked immediately, putting a hand on Natalia's shoulder to calm her.

But she remained silent, she was quite shocked. She just handed the picture to Connie.

"Oh" was all Connie said. She actually wanted to congratulate her, but since Natalia was so confused, she decided not to do it.