Chapter 22 - Ope

A/N:
August 2nd 2023

Quit asking for updates y'all 😭

I promise I'm doing my best here, I've just been super busy recently. Update schedule = nonexistent, so please just bare with me if I haven't updated in a bit.

Also, I'm not quitting this book. I just lose motivation fast, but I randomly gather it at 3am.

Hope you like this chapter tho 😗 (might have to read some of the last chapter in case you forgot what happened)

✯✯✯

Aimsey jokingly turns around in their chair, to put their chat's worries to ease. However, once they fully turned around, they froze. Well this wasn't planned.

"Oh shit."

"Uh, I'm just going to go... now." You pointed to the door, awkwardly stepping out.

"Chat, I'm going to be right back." You heard Aimsey say.

Soon after, Aimsey appeared from the door, quickly shutting it behind them. They had a worried expression on their face.

"Are you okay?" They immediately asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay, el oh el."

"Did you just say el oh el? Are you running a fever?" Aimsey said as they put their hand to my forehead jokingly.

"No," you playfully swat their hand away from your face. "But I'm seriously, internally freaking out!?"

"Same!?"

"Why are you freaking out?!"

"I don't know?!? You freaking out is freaking me out!"

"Gah! What do I do?! What do we do?!?"

"Brah, how should I know? We can't just waltz in their and be like, 'hey everyone! this is so and so, but please leave them alone, they're antisocial.' Unless..." Aimsey raised a brow.

"We are NOT doing that! That's just embarrassing." You lightly punched your friend's arm.

"Well, I don't know then. I'm out of ideas." They shrugged.

"You had one, singular idea."

"And you had zero."

"Touché," You let out a sigh. "Maybe you're right. Let's just go on in there and explain who I am. It'll clear up things with your followers, and who knows, maybe I'll enjoy talking to your chat."

"Hmm... Are you sure you want to? The attention can be a bit scary at times."

"Gurl, of course I'm not sure! This mess unfolded in a matter of seconds," You laughed slightly uncomfortable with the idea of going back in that room. "Plus, it's not like your chat didn't just see my face. So, there's probably already a hunt for my information out there by some people who have way too much curiosity."

"That's fair. Well, if you want to give me a moment, I'll give and introduction to my chat and then you can come on in..?"

"Sure, sounds good to me." You smiled.

Aimsey smiled back, a sense of uneasiness resting in their gaze, before turning and entering their bedroom.

You faced the door, trying to steady your breathing. You swayed back and forth, raising your heels off the floor, every few seconds, just to bring them back down. There's no need to worry, there's only just a couple thousand people that are going to watch you stumble on your nervous words. Oh god. Is this technically considered public speaking? Guess you can check that off on your job résumé.