ch.10

Devin POV 

After Detective William calmed me down I was in his office drinking a soda I was sitting in a chair at his desk. I take in a deep breath. suddenly the computer dings. 

"Meet at this location if you want to see your mom." It says it shows the address it's in the abandoned district

I got up about to get Detective or FBI. 

"Ah Ah Ah not telling your friends come alone." It says. 

I hesitate But make a split decision. 

I grab my bag and sneak out the back of the building since all the adults are in the conference room trying to pin point where my mom was. 

I take a ear piece and and rush out the back of the building using my skateboard and helmet I needed to see her I needed to make sure she's okay. I also need to plan this right We don't know who this guy is so going in without a plan could end badly for both me and Mommy.

I finally get to the location and turn on the earpiece. I also synced it to Derek's phone on my way out since he left his phone in the office. I put it back hoping he finds it. I put my skateboard and helmet in my pack that the skateboard was sticking out of it. I take a deep breath and walk into the warehouse. The door creaks loudly as I open it. the place was huge how the heck was I supposed to find them in this place. 

I continue walking peeking in each room my footsteps echoing though the building as I walk. If only I didn't watch so many slasher movies. This wouldn't be freaking me out so much. 

I climb up the stairs to where it looks like it used to be the managers office. I slowly open the door and there she was. Beaten to a pulp bloody. tied up still in the dress she wore that night it was all torn. 

"Mom." I run to untie her as I was busy untying her am I grabbed from behind. 

I gasped not expecting it. 

He's on his knees with his arm around my chest. A gun in the other hand. 

"I have to admit Cami we did make a beautiful daughter didn't we." He says in a deep husky voice

"Wh-what are you talking about my dad died in a fire." I said trying to get out of his grip. 

"Is that what she told you? Cami I thought you would at least be honest to our daughter I guess I was wrong. But then again you just kept leaving her alone while you screw everything that walks." He says 

"Doing drugs. Not coming home to even feed our daughter You are a terrible mother." He says 

"No she's not, she's not she takes care of me." I say in a panic 

"When was the last time she made you a proper meal? stayed home to help you with home work?" He says 

I didn't say anything because I can't remember. 

"No? how about tucked you in?" He asked 

Nothing 

"You see what I'm getting at. She needs to be purged just like the rest of the scum of this earth." He says 

"No she doesn't she's all I have!" I say still trying to get out of his grip. 

"No she's not. I'm you daddy." He says I freeze 

"What?" I asked 

He spins me around. 

"She ran from me kept you from me and hid you away. Well Now I've found you both and no one is taking you from me again." He says 

A loud gunshot rings out and I turn around to see he shot her right in the chest. 

"NO!!" I yelled

I run to her only to be hit upside the head by something hard and everything goes black.