Eight

"Are you sure we should be doing this? I mean, didn't you say earlier that it was too soon to explore this kind of relationship with me?" I ask, looking up at the man in front of me who has just gone from zero to sixty-nine in two seconds flat

Elias's eyes are fixated on my neck as his fingers slowly lower the strap of my nightgown from my shoulder. His touch is so gentle, just as it was on the beach when he stopped me from leaving. But this time, his caress affects more than my ability to leave. I feel it everywhere—along the sensitive slope of my neck, the bumps of my spine, and between my legs.

"I need to know what you taste like," he says as though he is in a trance.

I sit all the way up, and for a split second, I realize I don't remember us returning to my room together. This man...being has consumed my every thought. I move to my hands and knees, closing the space between us as I crawl onto his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist much like I did the night he rescued me from the cemetery. Except this time, I'm not wearing anything under my nightgown, and I feel his very prominent bulge beneath his sweatpants.

On a deep, sharp inhale I say, "You can bite me anytime you want. I want to know what it feels like."

He groans in response to my offer and dips his head to the side of my neck. His breath is warm on my skin, coaxing goosebumps to appear and cover every inch of my skin. The ache at my core grows more intense as his lips trail over my pulse point. I press my hips down and roll them over him, cursing the soft fabric of his pants. My body craves the hard lines of his. I need them pressing into me, teasing the ache until I feel like my entire body will combust from the sensation.

I want Elias to make me come.

"Cordelia," he murmurs. "You know we shouldn't be doing this."

"What? But you said—" I insist, pulling back so I can see him, but when I do, I lose my grip on him, and I'm wrapped around nothing. My bed is empty.

"What the fuck?"

I shoot upright, my heart pounding, chest heaving. Looking around the room, I realize I've just been in a very realistic dream about Elias.

"What the actual fuck?" I mutter, still feeling the throbbing between my legs like I truly was on the brink of an orgasm.

And when I shift on the mattress to get up to go to the bathroom and feel a tell-tale dampness between my legs, I realize that I was.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," I groan, flopping back down on the mattress and throwing the cover back over my head. What am I supposed to do now? Finish myself off? Damn, this is so cringy; waking up from a fucking wet dream about my fake boyfriend?

I clench my thighs together and shake my head. "Nope. Not going to do it. No way."

But the longer I lay here, the more worked up I get, just imagining the way his lips brushed against the column of my neck, the way I felt his teeth against my cl—