the canon event

garfield gasped, his eyes locking onto the meaty hand clasped on his shoulder. He looked up. 

The mere beauty of the rat standing in front of him was enough for Garfield to swoon. His gangster fashion, his harsh brooding face, and the rings of gold he wore around his neck... his aroma, the soft sound of his breathing... Garfield was smitten.

The first words that slid out of the rat's mouth were like little drops of heaven seeping into Garfield's ear-holes. 

"That cheese is expired."

Garfield was determined to act cool, no matter how nervous he was.
"that's how I like it." he said gruffly. "I'm a man who enjoys a strong whiff."

the rat seemed interested. "You have taste, I see."

garfield laughed. "of course. I am a bit of a cheese connoisseur. in fact, im going home to make some lasagna right now."

This really caught the rat's attention. In fact, the rat had been interested the whole time. Garfield, though he didn't know it, was incredibly pretty. Also, when garfield had leaned down to grab the expired cheese, the rat had gotten a great view of his thick ass. That was a definite bonus.

"I would be thrilled to join you..." the rat said, leaning so close that garfield could feel his hot cheesy breath on his face. "If you'd have me."

Garfield considered this for a moment. It wasn't wise to invite a stranger from 3am walmart into your home. But this rat... he was angelic. The most handsome creature garfield had ever seen.

So, naturally, garfield said: "I'd be honored."

The rat smiled. "Perfect. I'll drive."

To be continued...