2019

1. Body modifications of the technological or biological variety are the 'in' thing, the more expensive and extreme the mod the better. You want a chainsaw in place of your left forearm? Done! You want wheels with 23" rims in place of your feet? No sweat! You want rabbit ears, a fox tail, and the ability to fire lasers from your eyes? We got you covered! Because in this kind of society, surely nothing can go wrong...

2. A meteor has hit Earth, and it has brought an alien virus along with it. The virus spreads like wildfire, affecting every human in its path. While the virus does nothing to victims physically, it does severely mess with their mentality, especially their moral compass. It turns people into highly sadistic animals, wanting to destroy and kill anything they see for mere enjoyment. Of course, that includes each other.

3. Walking on the moon, living in a permanently manned space station... the next step in human space exploration clearly was a visit to Mars. Over 50 years of exploration, different orbiters, the rovers Opportunity and Curiosity, InSight... yet, when the first manned mission arrived on Mars, the crew soon learned the Red Planet still held secrets.

4. The planet was chosen for a human colony because it had all the important basics for terraforming: water, an almost breathable atmosphere and gravity within the survivable range. A group of scientists accompanied by a building team already left their mark in form of a habitat dome and an "all clear" for settlement. Now it was up to the first wave of colonists to build paradise. But a surprise waited for them, something the early explorers overlooked.

5. An individual is somehow transported back in time and because some tropes are too wonderful to avoid, they inadvertently kill their grandfather. In a direct contradiction of everything everyone has ever been told, however, they do not cease to exist...

6. A privately funded mission to the Tau Ceti star system goes awry and when the vessel involved crash lands on a small island in the midst of one of Tau Ceti F's vast oceans. The surviving crew members know they must do whatever it takes to survive. They think all hope is lost, but secrets held beneath the surface of the ocean have the potential to change everything...

7. A space captain gets pulled out of the scattered remains of his destroyed spaceship by a mysterious alien creature with a fish tail. As he travels back to his home planet, he can't stop thinking about his saviour, but could it be that the space siren was the reason for his ship's destruction in the first place?

8. 40,000 years ago, warring alien races enslaved Neanderthal Man to fight in their vast armies. But now that war is over, and Neanderthal Man wants revenge.

9. Ever since the completion of the galactic gates, industry has expanded and boomed. When the gates mysteriously begin shutting down, it's up to a team of engineers to save the galaxies the gates connect.

10. Earth is long gone and all that is left in your spaceship is you and your dog. Dog walking in space isn't quite the same as it was on Earth, however...

11. The legend says that there is a flying world above the clouds. A young and aspiring flying fortress pilot dreams of reaching this world hidden in the sky. They work on a special aircraft supposed to reach the sun and back. What technology is it? Your character found--or inherited-- blueprints for a special machine. What will happen?

12. The winter sun is shining low and bright. The tree in the middle of the field seems bent under the weight of something, forming a dark silhouette against snow laden on its branches. A closer look reveals drops of splattered blood on the fresh snow...

13. You have suddenly gained the ability to dream about the future. Whatever you see in your sleep the previous night happens the very next day. At first, you dream only about mundane topics like you going about your daily life. But then, a dream comes in which you are held at gunpoint by an unidentified person just before midnight.