𝟎𝟔 || 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

_______

_______

Dominic's face whipped around, his hand flew to his jaw, brushing at the skin. As he turned back around, he had an amused look on his face. He bit his lip and the corners of his mouth turned upwards. "You should work on that throw." He teased.

I was livid.

I shoved him harder by the palm of my hands, pushing him aback by his chest. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded.

"I don't know know what you're talking about, Red." He played innocently with a devilish grin, rolling his shoulders back against the stone wall.

In that moment, I hated him. I hated his voice, I hated his eyes, and I hated his stupid smile. "Cut the bullshit." I raised my voice. "You think that just because I'm being forced into marrying you that you can just claim me and that I can be lied to?"

The man looked at me as if I were out of my mind. "Claim you?" He scoffed.

"You had it all planned out, didn't you?" I questioned, taking a step towards him. "A targeted and vulnerable girl needing saving, who just so happened to be your future wife."

The man looked up at me before his eyes trailed up and down my body as if he hadn't already seen what was underneath. "You aren't all that, Violet." He whispered, his eyes piercing into my soul. "So don't flatter yourself."

Well there went all of my confidence.

I pursed my lips. His words struck exactly where he wanted them to, and my heart sunk. I fucking hated that man.

He seemed to ignore my presence after that, focusing on the lighter in his hand, his thumb pressing down and a flame emerging from the small object. The quick spark made me flinch, and I only grew angrier.

I wasn't usually one for violence. I kept to myself, I'd never resort to punching a man, especially one that was nearly a foot taller than me; but that was all before I learned what could happen to you if your heart didn't have at least an ounce of darkness.

I knocked the object from out of his hands, the metal hitting the sidewalk produced a distinct and sharp clattering sound. "What about you? You think that just because you're daddy's little boy with all of his filthy money that you can walk all over everyone?"

Faster than I could think, Dominic's hand gripped my upper arm. While his hand was firm on my skin, he pressed me harder into the wall behind us. As his fingers gripped onto me, I began to feel powerless. The feeling of the stone wall behind me tapped me into place, and the sudden movements suffocated my thoughts.