𝟏𝟓 || 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

_______

_______

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes, the warmth comforting my face. I laid in my bed for a few minutes longer, staring at the detailed ceiling of my bedroom. I hadn't left the house since the night of the auction, three days ago, and I was becoming bored out of my mind. My days consisted of either sleeping, or reading a book, none of which were getting to be too exciting.

Dominic seemed to spend his in his office, doing God knows what. There were times where I would go downstairs to find something to eat, and hear the faint yelling of his voice in Italian through the walls. He didn't leave the house much either, occasionally, he'd be gone for a few hours at a time, but he always made sure to tell me before he left.

I was beginning to think that maybe he wasn't too bad after all. Yeah, he was something short of a psychotic murderer and an arrogant billionaire, but he treated me halfway decent most of the time. Despite being a killer, he was gentle- which sounded absurd coming from me, but it was true. Behind all of the walls that he held up, I knew that there was a part of him that cared for people- for his sister. I heard them on calls too, him making sure that she was okay, that she was still alive.

But I think she was the only one, the only person he really deeply cared enough to show it.

I sighed, pushing the comfortable white duvet off of my body and heading into the bathroom. The air felt warmer, and I knew it must've been a really nice day outside. I walked over to one of the large windows, opening slightly to let some fresh air in before turning the handle of the shower.

I waited for the mirrors to starts fogging up with steam before undressing and stepping in.

_______

I stood in front of the mirror, satisfied of how I pulled myself together. I wore a simple black knit sweater and a neutral plaid mini skirt, pairing the two with black combat boots. I stepped out of my room and skipped down the stairs, starting to feel hungry.

There stood Alec, alone, in front of the toaster, spreading butter onto the toasted bread in the palm of his hand.

Over the course of the few days that I had been locked away in the house, I would happen to see a few men roaming downstairs. They didn't talk to me, or so much as look at me, it was like I was invisible to them. I think they were there to receive or report some sort of information to Dominic, and they stood patiently, wherever, not... eating toast?

I watched him for a second as he placed the butter knife in between his teeth to seal the container of butter, before entering the kitchen. "Hello?" I questioned his reason of being in the middle of the kitchen.