CHAPTER 39

All i did was whispered Noah's name in my mind as well as my heart. And i wished he'd show up.
As soon as my mind repeated his name, Blair's eyes got golden with the mixture of orange. I was literally seeing the fire in her eyes. She made a loud scrowl, moving her hand to my neck; but before she touched me, i got pulled up and when my body came into senses and started getting normal, i was feeling myself kept hidden in Noah's arms.

I didn't know how long we were like this but later i snacked my hands around him, as my hand touched him, he pulled me more into himself in a relief with a sigh.

Noah detached me, his eyes boring into mine. A little different feeling i saw that time in his eyes. He was upset. Upset with me or what? "Stop it, iliana." He breathed.

My confusion took me to think through his words, "stop what?" I said, bewildered.

"Stop whatever you have in your mind. Even if you are not thinking it, so i can't hear your thoughts; but i know you. I know, you lied in the morning that you don't have any plans. and i know what kinda plan you can think of." He exhaled with a deep sigh, looking at me with frown expressions.

"I'm--"

"No, please don't say anything. I can't see you in pain. I can't let you play with your own life, not for me not for anyone, not even for your own self." He said with determination.

"Please Iliana, stop all this. She would never let anyone go easily." His eyes held mine until he was finished.

He wanted to save me, even if he had to live like that forever.

My tears fell down like droplets of rain. I wanted to scream and make him stop, when he went out of my room.

,
,
,

Days passed and since that day, Noah hadn't showed up. I was devestated, just a single glance of him would be enough for me. I hadn't got the courage to look at the haunted house. Not because i was scared of Blair, but because my decision wasn't going to change. And i couldn't lie to Noah. I had to save him from her, i wanted to let him free from her web, even if he would be in heaven and i would be in this world. I just couldn't see him hurting like he had been since God knows how long.

I was sitting in the corner of my window, my room was just as dark as this dusky sky i was looking at, the beautiful yet all alone moon covering all it's darkness giving it a light to illuminate the somber sky. It was talking to me, like it understood what i had been going through. And yeah, it did.

Dad also hadn't come home yet. We talked to him and he said he would be home soon, he's busy in all the work.

THUD

THUD

I moved my head to listen to the sound, at once i thought it was just in my head.

THUD

This time I stood up from my place and took my steps downstairs. "Mom?" I called.

THUD

"Mom?!" Panic rippled over me and i trembled when i took my steps fast to search my mother.

THUD

"Mom!!?" I almost shrieked when she didn't respond. "Where are you, mom!?" My voice hicked in my breath, and i was on the urge to cry. I was scared for her.

'Please god, take care of my mom. Please.'

THUD

I followed the sound. I entered in the kitchen and saw mom standing on the counter, back facing me. She lifted her hand, holding a dagger and slammed it on something, like she was chopping something. THUD.