seventeen

<3 <3 <3

It's Friday today. Yesterday was Thursday. I kissed Aurora yesterday. She kissed me back. Yesterday was the best day of my life.

School hasn't started yet, so I'm at the rugby field with my friends. I'm so distracted, I keep dropping the ball. My thoughts completely revolve around that girl.

About ten minutes before school starts, I glance at the path on the hill. I do a double take then start sprinting. If the girl of my dreams is walking down the hill towards me, you bet I'm going to drop everything to go meet her halfway.

I stop in front of her at the bottom of the hill, breathless and with a smile on my face. "Aurora."

She smiles, "Hi, George."

We kissed a lot yesterday. Well, a lot in relation to how much we had kissed before yesterday, which was never. She eventually managed to get me to do some more work. I stole as many kisses as I could. Then I kissed her goodbye, in front of her calculus class. I've missed her every minute since.

Before I can say anything else, she murmurs, "You didn't text me yesterday."

I frown. She wanted me to text her? I, of course, had been dying to talk to her. But I didn't know if that's what she wanted. "You wanted me to?"

"George," She laughs, stepping forward to take my hand in hers. Our fingers link together. She's wearing my beanie again. "You kissed me yesterday."

A dopey grin pulls at my lips. "I did."

"And after you kiss a girl... she kind of expects you to talk to her afterwards. Let her know what it meant."

I'm frowning again. "I already told you I like you. I adore you. I think you're wonderful. And pretty."

She blinks her pretty blue eyes at me, still smiling. She doesn't seem annoyed with me. Just... a little adoringly exasperated. "You did, yes. And I said I like you too. That I adore you. That I think you're absolutely lovely."

"So...?"

A soft sigh. She shakes her head a little. "So, after the kiss and the admission of feelings... what happens then, George?"

I think about it for a moment. Honestly, I never thought I would get this far. After a moment, it hits me. "Oh! Then, I beg you to please let me be your boyfriend."

Her eyes are all soft and fond. "No. You just ask, 'would you please be my girlfriend?'."

My brows furrow, "Well, that comes with it. But, really, I need to make sure I'm your boyfriend, first and foremost. And I fully expect to have to beg for that. You are... so incredibly far out of my league, Aurora."

Now she's frowning. "I get to decide which league I'm in, thank you. And I am in yours and only yours. Just like you're in my league and no one else's. Okay?"

Eyes slightly widened, I nod, "Yes. Yes, of course. So then... Could I please be your boyfriend, Aurora?"

Her shoulders deflate with a sigh. She smiles, looking content. "That'll do. Yes, you can be my boyfriend, George."

"Yes!" I step forward, hooking my arms around her waist and lifting her off her feet in a hug. I press as many kisses as I can over her cheeks and nose and forehead. "I'm your boyfriend."

She giggles at the gentle assault of kisses, eyes closed, "I'm your girlfriend."

"Oh my—" I abruptly set her back on her feet, "I need to go call my mum. She's going to be so excited."

I start to walk away but her hand on my arm stops me. "George!" She laughs, gently tugging me back for a moment, "Could I have a kiss first, please?"

"Oh," Without hesitation, I place my hands at her waist, tugging her right into my chest and pressing my lips to hers. I kiss her firmly, deeply for a good few seconds before pulling away. "Sorry. Almost forgot I can do that now. I can do that now, right?"

She lifts a hand to her lips, looking a little dazed. "Yeah, you definitely can."

"Okay, good. Come with me for a second. I just need to call my mum and then you'll have all my attention." With her hand in mine, I start leading her over to where I dumped my bag when I got here this morning.

"It's okay, George, you can go back to playing rugby with your friends. I'll see you later."

I frown at her over my shoulder. "Um, no. I've been playing rugby with them all morning. I'm all yours now, Aurora. Where do you usually spend lunch? Do you mind if I join you?"

"Of course I don't mind. I usually sit at the canteen with my friends. But you don't have to sit with me. You like to play rugby with your friends—"

"Uh huh, but I like spending time with you more." I stop next to my bag, pull her into me again. "I can split my time, Aurora. But I want to spend more time with you when I can. Is that okay with you?"

She smiles, reaching her hands up and sliding them into my hair. "Yeah. That's definitely okay with me."

~ Pink Flamingo <3