Chapter 7

Hey!

Sorry for the wait! Hope you guys like this chapter. It's one of my favourites! Enjoy.

All rights reserved

©2012 Neroli Laverack

CHAPTER 7

Two days went faster than I anticipated and before I knew it, I was stepping into some black wedges to complete my outfit to head to my friends engagement party. Well, I wasn't really going anywhere, considering the party was going to be out the backyard.

I decided on a black pencil skirt, tan stockings (these highlighted my nice curvy legs, what can I say? I'm vain) a navy blue blouse and a maroon buttoned jacket to complete the look. My long wavy auburn hair was tied in a half up half down sort of fashion; with my fridge pulled to the right side of my heart shaped face with lose strands of hair to frame my face.

Applying some eyes shadow, mascara and eyeliner completed the look, my blue eyes emphasized. Stepping back to appraise myself in the mirror, I nodded my head in approval. Happy with how I looked, I grabbed my blackberry in passing off my bedside table.

Miss-judging my force, I accidently knocked the lamp that hung from the ceiling on a chain until it just reached the top of the bedside table, it looked awesome and I really was considering installing one when I got back home to New York. I quickly steadied it and carried on out the door of my bedroom.

I stepped out into the hallway pondering the plan I have made up. Since visiting mum and talking with Charlie and the others I have calmed down quiet considerably, I was more upset then mad about what had happened. Now my mind was set on rebuilding. All I need to figure out is a way to get mum and dad to talk to each other, without the access to yelling and with the engagement party happening; it is the perfect setting to make them hold a conversation without fighting.

So that's the strategy so far: somehow, get them together and make them talk. If they are not going to do it for me they can do it for themselves. I needed things back the way they were and making them will bring me one step closer in completing my end goal - to save a marriage.

I walked down the hallway and down the stairs, gliding into the kitchen giving a polite hello to my sisters as they passed me to go get ready, I leaned down to the sink to grab some water out of the tap; I couldn't be bothered to get a cup. This seemed just a bit easier and I was feeling lazy this morning. I had a lot on my mind. I leaned upright after I quenched my thirst and straightened my clothes that hiked up when I bent down.

I called out to the family as I was walking out to the backyard.

"Hey you guys I am going to organise the place settings!"

I heard a unanimous echo from upstairs "Okay, No worries!"

It was another twenty minutes until I finished all of the place markings; I looked up at the sun and veered my eyes to the very top balcony where Elle and Charlie were taking pictures. Finally they are ready! I chuckled to myself.

I was walking into the kitchen to bring the set of knives and forks for everyone when I heard a low whistle emanate from somewhere behind me, I whirled around on my heels and looked up to see Drew and his eyes full of mischief and amusement.

"Wow," Drew said with a small amused smile tugging at his lips "You look nice, Louise. I guess New York has made an honest woman out of you," Drew barked out a laugh and shook his head. That was true, considering I used to just wear jeans and t-shirts all the time.

I replied with a roll of my eyes, "Oh shut up, Drew. This was something that I just threw together. You've seen Charlie and Elle in something like this all the time. Although, not Elle, considering she's been pregnant for the last seven months. I'm nothing different. But anyway, thanks for the compliment. It's appreciated," I finished with a smile and a light punch to his arm in passing him to the bathroom, setting down the knives and forks. As an ending comment to our little banter, I called over my shoulder, "Oh and you don't look too bad yourself."