City Wolves.

I slightly limped, my injured hand exchanging itself for an injured paw. I favored it as best I could, sure to keep it from bumping rough terrain or landing in muddy puddles. Aamon occassionally would sniff about or jolt to observe scurrying animals. He even spurred me on several times with his heels, urging me to pick up speed.

I was in no hurry. It had begun to rain, but I wasn't too bothered by it. My pelt kept me warmer than I had expected, and the rain was icky, but it wasn't heavy enough to drench though my fur. I was also delighted to think that Aamon was getting soaked while he was perched on my back. I grinned a wolfy grin at the thought of it, and mentally praised myself for how well I was able to trace our scents. I was amazing myself, and I knew I'd have no issue getting home.

I was in tune with this body. I retreated into my head and I let her, well my subconscious, have the reins. She, this part of me, it knew without hesitation what it needed to do. It was a relief from my typical overthinking. I focused on my surroundings and our trail alone, relaxed yet hyper aware. Several times I nearly lost myself, body yearning to give chase to a couple does that had wandered close to us.

Aamon loved it. He loved watching me fret, fear, and fight between the desires of this being and myself. It was comedy for him, but humiliating and scary for me. This being was lethal, and I feared that letting it give chase or quench the bloodthirst I could no longer deny would end up in tragedy. Tragedy equal to what Aamon had done to Ryan and his mother. I slumped.

Guilt was mounting now that the shock and adrenaline continued to wane. I was devastated with myself. My selfishness, my fear had cost lives. I should have intervened. Where was the brave girl who had stood him down less than an hour ago and was ready to throw her life away? She sure didn't want smoke when Aamon was slaying her nosey neighbor in her own apartment.

"She was in her place. She was smart. She knew that they were threats to us, and she stood down for the safety of herself and mate." Aamon defended.

Don't give me that much credit. I was a coward.

"It's over. It's done. Let go of it."

I killed two people. Two of my own.

"They are no longer your own. You are, as I am." He corrected, and it did mot have the desired effect.

He stretched atop my back, and he slouched a little as we descended the enormous rock facing we had to scale earlier. It was tricky, and if I slipped up, we'd both go crashing to our demise. I was all nerves, but Aamon remained unphased. He was one with my body. I could feel him lean into my every movement, and hug my body as we worked in tandem to scale down. His hands brushed my neck affectionately as we had made it to the bottom, this being betraying me by melting into his palm. It was feather light, the way you'd pet your dog, but it was over my mark. It wasn't sexual by any means, but I could feel butterflies. It was frightening  how this body was more receptive to him than I, myself, was.

"Do not fear it. It knows." My ears perked. What does it know? Do I want to know?

"It knows the bond. It knows me. The bond will grow. It will strengthen. You won't feel like this forever. You will come to love me." He said this softly, aware of how badly I might react, still it sounded more like a warning than a comfort. I didn't want to start more trouble, but I did want to know more. I have said it before, and I will again. I do not like surprises.

This me? Or me, me? When will it make me?

"There is no you, you. You are both of these creatures. The human and the wolf. Both of you will come to like me." He had intentionally not used the love word this time.