seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
( a broken promise. )

warning

warning. the following chapter contains attempted rape/sexual assault. if said subject may be sensitive or triggering, do not proceed to read this chapter or proceed to read it with caution.

The silence between Florence and Billy during the drive to his home felt almost chilling. He would attempt to make small talk with her, but he couldn't get the girl to say more than a word or two. She didn't want to speak to him. It didn't take long before he gave up and let them sit in complete silence.

His house was enormous and decorated so elegantly, Florence almost believed it wasn't his. She was shocked a man like him owned such a lovely home. She stepped out of his car and followed him inside, allowing him to take her coat and hat. Billy couldn't stay more than a foot away from her. She could always sense him right there. She hated that.

Billy insisted that they wait for the others in his study. Florence stood before one of the large windows facing the gated entrance while Billy lingered around the room. She watched quietly and waited anxiously to see Thomas arrive to the house in his car. He had assured her that he would be there shortly, but as time passed she began to grow more doubtful. Her foot tapped against the floor.

Meanwhile, Billy decided he was going to play some music. He was trying to find a record to put on so that they wouldn't be drowning in silence any longer.

"You really showed me up back there." Billy laughed as the record he finally picked out began to play. He walked over to Florence and tightly grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him. "You should teach me how to dance properly."

Florence wanted to pull away from him and try to stall as much as she could, but he was much stronger than her and he had quite the grip on her hand. She inhaled a breath as he pulled her as close to him as he possibly could.

"You should put on something a bit faster." Florence advised, a fake smile on her lips as he tightened his grip on her. They spun around slowly.

"I'd much rather like to dance like this." He spoke, his lips just barely touching her skin. "You don't have to be so stiff, you know."

She felt his lips brush over the tip of her ear, causing her to pull away. She wanted to avoid any physical contact for as long as she could. Her eyes slightly narrowed.

"Have you ever been in a big house like this?" He asked, choosing to ignore that she was resenting him. He stood there for a moment longer before he gently took a strand of her dark hair in his hand. "Look at you. Bloody hell, you could be a film star."

His hand cupped her face now, causing her muscles to grow tense as she inhaled a deep breath. He suddenly pulled her towards him and began to aggressively kiss her neck. He then pushed her towards the pool table that was only a few feet behind her. Florence placed her hands on his chest, mustering up enough strength to push him away. And when she did so, she pushed him much harder than she meant to. She could see how furious he was as he stared at her with daggers in his dark eyes. She felt sick.