Chapter 7

~The next day~

Kassidy is sitting in her bedroom getting ready for school when someone walks inside her room.

"Kassie, I heard Fp got arrested on homecoming night" Elenor says walking into the room with the support of the caretaker

"Mom you shouldn't be walking around. But yes he did" Kassidy says.

"He's a good man. Such a shame." Elenor says sitting on the bed.

"Yeah....it is." Kassidy says putting her jacket on.

"Well, if you need anything let me know" Elenor says, Kassidy gives her mom a small smile.

"Will do. Brenda please take her back to bed" Kassidy says to the caretaker and she nods. Kassidy then heads to school going to her morning classes then to lunch.

"The police report said Fp worked alone." Betty says reading the paper.

"No mention of your dad, Ronnie. That's good news right?" Archie asks her.

"I can't stop thinking that...maybe my dad hired another Serpent to plant that gun." Veronica says.

"It's surreal isn't it? How's Jughead doing?" Kevin asks sitting down.

"Not good." Betty says.

"He's not coming in today. He's at the station." Archie says.

"Being grilled by your dad" Veronica says to Kevin.

"Who's just doing his job. I mean of course he's goons ask Jughead questions." Kevin says.

"Then why do I have to go to the station after school?" Kassidy asks.

"Your a Serpent who is close to Fp" Archie says.

"Okay well he's wasting his time kev. Because Fp didn't kill Jason." Betty says.

"Second that" Kassidy says finishing her yogurt.

"Betty he confessed." Kevin says.

"Or he was coerced. Or he's protecting someone. Maybe a Serpent." Betty says looks at Kassidy.

"I was with you and Kevin when Jason got shot." Kassidy defends.

"My mom saw him and Joaquin together..." Betty says.