Chapter 45

~a month & a half later~

Kassidy spent a lot of her time keeping Archie company when the rest of the Scooby gang couldn't. She always saw them at Pop's for dinner when she was working. Whenever Kassidy want working or with Archie she was with her friends; Toni, Cheryl, Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Jb. When Kassidy wasn't with her friends she was with Sweet Pea, they're keeping their promise as well. The summer went by so fast and before Kassidy knew it school had arrived in a day. Kassidy is at the El Royale with Archie and Mad Dog watching them practice their punching.

"You know, Mad Dog, I was thinking. School starts tomorrow. What if you came with me?" Archie asks.

"Yes! You should!" Kassidy exclaims.

"Why would I do that?" Mad Dog asks.

"I don't know, to get your diploma. Don't you want it?" Archie asks.

"Hell yeah." Mad Dog says.

"Okay, then this is your chance. Isn't your younger brother gonna be a freshman?" Archie asks.

"I don't know, Red. After everything I've lived through, I don't think going back to textbooks and cafeteria politics is really my scene." Mad Dog says.

"Yeah. It's not mine either. But getting that diploma is what my dad wanted, so I'm going to do it. Look, all I'm saying is, we could do it together. And if you need any help with anything Kassie is the smartest person I know. Hell, you could even try out for the Bulldogs." Archie says and Kassidy smiles.

"A little pigskin?" Mad Dog asks and Archie laughs.

"I'll see you guys later. I have to meet up with Betty and Charles" Kassidy says grabbing her phone.

"Bye Kass love you" Archie says.

"Love you too" Kassidy says before going to the FBI office.

"So, Mom missed another check-in with you?" Betty asks.

"Yes. But like I said, don't panic. This isn't the first time she's been late with the reports." Charles says.

"Well, Charles, what if that means she's been found out?" Betty asks.

"Listen, until she contacts us, you two should just focus on being a high school student. I'll reach out if anything changes." Charles says and they both give him a okay before Betty leaves.

"Kassie I was thinking over the amount of time I've spent with you this summer; you should consider joining the FBI after high school. I mean of course go to collage but I think you'd be able to be half a FBI agent in training before being an official graduated one." Charles says as they sit at a desk.

"I've been thinking about it over the past year" Kassidy says before taking a sip of her water.

"You have a photographic memory and your pretty smart. Your one of the most intelligent teenagers I've ever met" Charles says and Kassidy chuckles.

"Thank you" Kassidy says with a smile.

"Don't you have a shift at Pop's right now?" Charles asks and Kassidy checks the time.