Chapter 1: Everything, And Anything

Laying in bed. The light fills my eyes, I stayed up all night again. I yawn and stand up, I set the book down. It was a book on how a kid got kidnapped for not being to careful. I sigh.

  Nothing like that will happen to me.. I'm lucky to be where I am.

  I think to myself. I wonder if what I think is true. Then I shake my head and grab some clothes to get ready for the day. I grab a light grey, zip-in-the-middle jacket with a few stars on it and some pins. I grab black jeans shorts with holes in them, the shorts are shorter than most, and I grab a white crop top that is similar to a tank top. It has a wavy smiley face on it, in the middle. Then I grab some black socks and my converse.

  Once I get changed I brush my teeth and put my long soft, wavy brown hair, in a low ponytail. I grab my backpack and I put my make up on.

  My makeup looks like:

(Not her eye color)

  I look at the mirror. I study myself.

  My eyes as bright and blue as the sky, my skin as pale and fluffy like the clouds. My lips, oh my lips so pink. And my freckles, oh my freckles sprinkle from cheek to cheek, they mark my blush and jawline to make me complete.

  I finish my makeup and I grab my headphones. I walk down, out of my room, to my hallway and out the door. I walk along the bright rose bushes on the sidewalk.

I snag a rose
and watch as
it makes my palms bleed.
I don't care much for roses,
iris' I like.
But this rose is different,
it's white.

I walk and feel the vibration of a passing car. I stop in my tracks and I stare at the road. A car never comes. I lift my headphone and look back, a car is in the middle of the road. It has its blinker on, I think.

  I sigh and continue walking. Not paying attention to my surroundings as I walk to school. I do this subconsciously, I know the way. But as I walk, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I stop once more and turn back.

  Ella.
Ella is there.
She has bright green eyes,
and white sun-like skin.
Her features are perfect
and her eyes too.
Her hair is like the sunset,
while her eyeliner is a bright blue.

I watch closely then I see it. Ella's high. Her sclera is a pinkish-red. She smiles faintly and giggles.

  "heyyyy, ash."she says with yet another giggle. "Can I borrow some perfume?"

  I sigh and reach into my bag and pull out a wildflower perfume bottle and hand it to her. She basically drowns herself in it then hands it back. She walks with me while we walk to class.

  (**Time skip***)

  I'm in the bathroom. My eyeliner smeared a tiny bit. I yawn and all of a sudden the intercoms in the hallway ring out a deafening noise. Then the principal's voice comes out.

   "Students of alkum highschool, we are under lockdown. This is not a drill." He pauses,"I repeat. This is not a drill."

  My eyes widen as I rush to the nearest bathroom stall. I slam it shut and lock it. Then I sit on the toilet and put my feet on the rim. I cover my mouth and tremble in fear. I text my dad and tell him what's happening.

  Me: Dad, we're in lockdown..

What.. why?: Dad.

Me: I'm not sure.
They didn't tell us.
I'm in the bathroom..

  Then a loud crash in the bathroom. The window shattered. I flinch and drop my phone. I catch it though.

  Clack.. clack.. clack.

  Halt.

  My eyes widen. A shadow peers through the stall in any crack it can. I see through the crack of the side of the stall door. A knife. I tremble more.

  Then.

  BAM!