Part 2

Team Seven Meeting Pt. 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...

- Two Months Later –

Kakashi recognized the tree assembly as they were walking through. Naruto on the other hand would have been lost without his ex-sensei. Their mission had been a complete success; the threat was eliminated. They were both tired but alive and Kakashi couldn't wait to get back to his wife, but his gut told him something was off ever since this weird shockwave washed over them a day ago. It felt like it had happened to him before, but he couldn't remember anything, kinda like déjà vu.

"How do you know, that this was the right way? I have never seen these trees before."

"Mah, Naruto, these are the trees on the west side of Konoha, I played here as a young child. I was sad, when..." Kakashi stopped in his tracks immediately. He formed a half tori sign and said: 'Release.' But nothing seemed to change.

"What's wrong? Are we caught in a genjutsu?"

"No, it should have vanished by now, but I don't understand this."

"You don't understand what?"

"You were right that you've never seen these trees before in your life. They were destroyed during the nine tails attack on the day that you were born. They shouldn't be here because they were destroyed 27 years ago."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"I know, there's only two possible options. We're in a genjutsu that I can't dispel nor even track, or we landed in the past."

"That weird shockwave. It could have been a time-space-ninjutsu."

"Possible. First we need to find out in which time we're in, then we need a cov-"

"Kakashi, stop!" shouted a woman. Naruto and said Kakashi turned to see a young boy, half of his face covered with a mask, running towards them. Behind him, a young and gorgeous woman, with long dark hair and big grey eyes. The young boy turned his head, to look at the woman. He wasn't aware of his surroundings and ran into Naruto, who didn't move away. He was way too stunned to do anything. This child was obviously Kakashi, a two-year-old Kakashi.

"I am so sorry." said the young woman as she finally reached 'little' Kakashi.

"No problem." said Naruto, "I have two of my own, they can be quite a lot at this age." 

Kakashi didn't move. His eyes were widened, and his hands were shaking, this was his mother. His very dead mother. She died, when he was three. How is this possible? If this was a genjutsu, it was a cruel one.