ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

Okay. Okay. There's no need to be nervous. You're just going to see the love of your life after almost a year of ghosting him.

No need to be scared.

"Maya, we've been on the phone ever since you left the cafe. Go inside the man's apartment," Angela groans.

I roll my eyes. "You act like you got shit to do, Angela."

She rolls her eyes back. "I need a nap Maya and you need to go get your bae. Step inside the fucking apartment complex."

I scoff. "There's no need to be so aggressive."

Angela laughs, and then she sighs. "Maya, I have seen firsthand the love between you and Kol. The connection you guys had was part of the reason why I pursued a relationship with Leo and why I fought so hard."

I give her a half-smile. She continues. "I could see how crazy you were about him, but you wouldn't let yourself feel. I could see how much he loved you even early on. He definitely fell earlier than he let on. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, yeah, he's going to be pissed. He poured out his heart and you ghosted him. Kol may not even hear you out, but you'll regret it if you know you never even tried."

I ponder her words and then finally give her a nod. "Okay. I'll go in."

She gives another encouraging word and we hang up. I let out a deep breath. I grab the gift bag full of Kol's favorite things and I leave the car.

There's no need to be nervous. I only need to breathe. It's going to be okay. Either I'll be with the guy of my dreams or get the door slammed in my face.

No, don't do that, Maya. Positive thoughts. My mind drifts back to one night I spent at Kol's house. The moment when I knew I had feelings for Kol, but tried to fight them.

"Kol, you seriously need to buy smaller clothes," I say, walking to the kitchen.

"Why would I buy something smaller than my size?" he calls from the kitchen.

When I make it to the kitchen, I jump up and position myself on the counter and smile at him. "For me, duh."

He walks over to me and rests one hand on my thigh and the other one on the counter. He gives my thigh a tiny squeeze. "Or maybe you can just leave your stuff here. You're here all the time anyway?"

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. "I will if you agree to do one tiny thing for me."

"I already told you I'm not watching the Twilight Saga with you," he says. I gasp and push him away. He doesn't move.