Chapter 4

As soon as I come downstairs my mom looks up from the book she's reading and breaks into a wide grin.

"You look so gorgeous honey," She exclaims, in complete surprise. I'm one hundred percent sure of what she's about to say.

"You look just like I did when I was your age, with your hair like that,"

I was right, she mentioned how I look like her. More like her than I ever did. I know it's supposed to be a compliment but it just feels like she's disappointed I don't look like this every day.

Sensing how I feel, mom quickly says, "I didn't mean it like you don't always look good, it's just-"

"I understand," I interrupt, assuring her, "Now we should leave, I know you wanted to get there quick,"
Her smile returns.

"You're right, let's get in the car," Her excitement is evident in her voice. I'm pretty excited too, since I'm finally going to figure out what this mysterious place is.

Luckily, the car ride wasn't as long as I'd expected, only taking fifteen minutes to get there. Mom insisted on taking me to a local coffee shop near our destination first though so here we are, on the line looking at the extensive menu.

"I remember coming here almost every day during college," My mom reminisces.

"Everyday?" I question, shocked. I don't get how you could get coffee every day without dying.

"Practically," Mom says,  "I would mostly get my usual, but sometimes try something new. That's where I got all my energy from,"

I could picture my mom walking here with her friends everyday, from her college campus. Wearing her stylish outfits that she always spent so much time obsessing over, bouncing around energetically.

"It sure has a huge menu," I mumble distractedly, gazing up at its multiple sections hanging on the wall.

"That's exactly why I could never stick to just one order, no matter how hard I tried," The woman at the front of the line grabs her drink and turns around, leaving only one person before it's our turn.

"I'm thinking about getting the Hazelnut creme frappuchino," I think aloud.

"That's a great choice, I tried it just recently, it's a new addition," Mom doesn't mention what she's planning on ordering but I quickly find out when she tells the cashier both our drinks. She settles on something new, the Iced mint mocha.

They call our order name and when I get a sip of my drink I immediately realize why mom loves this place so much. The taste satisfies me and isn't too bitter or sweet, just perfectly in between the two. That's always a huge problem I have with coffee and the reason why I've never loved it that much. But this is actually amazing.

"Wow! I'm glad I ordered this. I've been dying to try it," My mom declares. She looks up from her drink and notices my enjoyment.

"Looks like you're loving yours too," I nod in response while taking another sip.

"Come on, you're going to finish all that before we even sit at a table," My mom yanks my arm, guiding me to a table in the corner of the shop. It's a lilac colored circular table and the matching circular chairs are a light blush color. There's a big window directly on the side wall of it and the gleaming sunlight shines through.

"This a gorgeous view," I observe, admiring the dancing of the trees in the outside air.

"I know, it's very calming, I'm surprised this table wasn't taken today," She marvels at the fact. My mom starts chatting more about this coffee shop, the view, etc while I look around, taking in the beauty.