Chapter 6

A H A D

A H A D

After the Walima Ammi told me and Ayesha to go and rest. I don't know what happened to her after she came back to restroom but her eyes were a little red and she looked exhausted. I know she tell me a lie when she said that she is just feeling overwhelmed. I walked out of the bathroom after getting fresh . My room feels like her. It smells like her. Where is she by the way? I frown and look around the room she was not even in the dressing room. I ignored and went to style my hairs.

“ But what if she is in a trouble “ I shook my head. Well it's not my problem whatever she do. After 3 minutes I put the comb back on the dressing table and sigh.

I enter the kitchen from where all the voices were coming. No one is home right now expect me and Ayesha and some workers.
Ammi and others are out for some shopping.

My eyes landed on the floor of the kitchen where she was sitting . She was in her normal multicolor kurta. She her back was to me. Her hairs were covering her back. She was was picking up something from the floor. For some reasons I just stand there and stare at her. She got up with a smile as she turn around her eyes met mine she suddenly stumble on her foot , I quickly hold her by waist before she fall.

She grip my shoulder tightly. Her eyes were closed .

“ You are safe Mrs Malik “ She slowly open her eyes. She look in my eyes as I did the same.
My hands were still around her waist and she was still holding my shoulders. It feels like as if the moment stopped.

She blink her eyes as she quickly stand on her feet. Leaving my shoulders. But my hands still stayed on her waist . Ahad pull you hands away!  .  My inner voice said as I realized she was waiting for me to leave her.
I pull my hands away.

“ You need anything Ahad? “ She asks looking at me. I cleared my throat.
“ No,  but what are you doing here?  I said as I saw the kitchen looking like a disaster. She nervously smiled . And played with her fingers.
“ Actually.. I was in need of Tea but.. “  She look around as if she is embarrassed.
“ But? “  I asked looking at her nervous face.
She look back and replied.

“ But I don't know how to make. I never entered kitchen in my whole life except when I needed something to eat “ she look away and walk near the stove. Picking up the milk bottle.

“ Wait, Come here “ I said folding my arms over my chest. She blink her eyes. “ Why? “
Said put the milk back on the counter. I sigh.
“ Come here, mi esposa “ she press her lips together and walk over to me. I hold her hand as her eyes were attached to mine.
“ Sit here, I will make the tea “ I said as her lips parted.

“ You will make? Do you even know how to turn on the stove “ She asked as I walk near the stove I saw her sitting on the kitchen counter. I look at her and turn on the stove.

“ I have taken 5 years of training from Italy and 2 years I worked in the cafe “

I said as her mouth fell to the ground.
“ How can a person spend 7 years in kitchen. I mean I can't even stay near cooking materials for a hour !  “ She said with a big roll of her eyes. I add milk in the Tea pot and then add sugar.