Chapter 4: Sneaking Out

——————————🍎——————————

Winter looked out his window at the kingdom that stood across the giant frozen lake. He looked back down at his fathers dagger that he was twisting in his hands, debating whether or not he should go.

"You ready?" A voice asked behind him.

Winter jumped and turned around to see (Y/n) wearing a cloak over her body and holding a yellow one in her hand.

"(Y/n)! When did you get here?! And...ready for what?"

"To go explore your kingdom. It's time you got out more, and I'll come with you." She told him.

"But—."

(Y/n) held up a hand to stop him. "Uh-uh. No buts. You deserve to experience more than just these castle walls, and I'll be damned if I let the Queen keep you trapped here any longer."

Seeing that she wasn't going to take no for an answer, Winter chuckled.

"As my lady wishes." He stated, taking her hand his, and placing a kiss on her knuckles.

(Y/n)'s face became warm as Winter took the cloak from her and wrapped it around himself.

"Well, shall we?" He asked, extending his arm for her to grab.

(Y/n) nodded and sheepishly looped her arm with his, and he lead her out of the room.

...

The two approached the main castle doors where two guards where standing on the left and right sides.

"We're going out." Winter firmly told the guards.

"Is he allowed to go out?" One guard asked.

"I'm not sure. Is he?" The other replied as they walked by.

"Okay...they're going out!" One yelled.

The doors to the castle opened, and Winter and (Y/n) exited.

"I won't say anything if you won't." One guard promised.

"Pinky swear?"

"Pinky swear."

...

Meanwhile, the Queen was in her chambers and unlocked a mysterious looking door with a gold key. She entered a dimly lit room and shut the door behind her.

There wasn't much inside the room except for a large mirror hanging on the wall. The Queen walked up to it, and looked straight at her reflection in the mirror.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall." The Queen muttered.

She slowly stepped towards the mirror, and went right through it as if it was water.

...

In another land, a wooden hut sat in the middle of a large body of water. The hut looked very gloomy and the area around it was foggy. The hut had a long dock at the end of it, that sloped into the water.