Chapter 5: A Trip to the Village

——————————🍎——————————

The Queen sat in her chambers as a maid showed her different kinds of shoes that she would either accept or reject.

As she was doing this, a knock was heard on her door.

"Yes?" The Queen called to whoever was behind it, not taking her eyes off the shoes.

Brighton entered the room, and rushed forward. "Pardon, Your Majesty, but you have a visitor."

"I'm not in the mood, Brighton." The Queen replied in a bored tone.

"He's young, handsome...and semi-nude." Brighton listed, sparking the Queen's attention.

...

"Your Highness, May I present to you the esteemed Prince Alcott of Valencia." Renbock announced.

Prince Alcott bowed to the Queen in greeting. "Your Majesty. Please pardon our dress. I'm afraid my valet and I were robbed by bandits as we entered your kingdom."

"Bandits? How awful. How absolutely terrifying, and...smooth and hairy." The Queen muttered.

"What?" The Prince asked.

"What?" The Queen replied.

"What?" Renbock said.

"What?" Brighton questioned the Queen.

"What?" The Queen asked Brighton.

"Nothing." Brighton responded, looking away.

Prince Alcott awkwardly rubbed his arm. "Uh, could I trouble you for a covering? Perhaps a shirt?"

"If you must." The Queen breathed, turning to Brighton. "Um...um..."

"Brighton." He mouthed to her.

"Brighton. The Prince is bashful and requires, sadly, a covering."

"Of course Your Majesty." Brighton inclined.

Prince Andrew turned to Renbock. "I'm not bashful." He muttered.

"Sir, is there any particular style of shirt you'd like?"

"Brighton." The Queen interrupted. "A simple covering."

Brighton clapped his hands together. "A simple covering it is."

He walked away to go get new clothes for the Prince and Renbock while the Queen continues to talk to Andrew.

"Valencia you say? I've never heard of it. Is it a wee hamlet?" She asked.

The Prince shook his head. "No, quite the contrary. It's a bountiful province. We have many natural resources. Gold, silver, bustling silk trade." He listed.

The Queen stared at him with interest. "You don't say..."

...

"Send out the invites. Alert the caterer. I want you to organize a ball like this kingdom has never seen before. We are gonna sweep this kid right off his feet." The Queen ordered as she entered her room.