Chapter 12: Pep Talk

——————————🍎——————————

The Queen stood up in her chambers in her undergarments, standing in a machine that was designed to tighten her corset. Baker Margret was pulling a lever that would tighten the strings of the corset.

"Must...look...glorious!" The Queen groaned as Margret repeatedly pulled the lever to tighten the strings.

"This is every woman's special day." The Queen said.

"How special can it be? You've been married five times." Margret reminded her.

"Quiet!" The Queen snapped. "Happy place, happy place, happy place."

...

Just outside the Queen's door, Brighton the Coackroach was scurrying along the floor when he was suddenly changed back into himself again.

Brighton panted has he laid on his stomach, trying to process what had just happened. And when he finally figured it out, he was not happy.

...

Brighton burst into the Queen's chambers, and leaned against the doorway.

"I...I...I was a cockroach." He whimpered.

He stumbled over to Margret, who comfortingly held his hand.

"It was a nightmare. I was crunchy and small and frightened by exposure to light. Everybody tried to step on me! And then, in a strange turn of events, a grasshopper...took advantage of me!" He sobbed.

"All very fascinating, but it is my wedding day. We're not interested in your adventures. Cinch me up." The Queen replied, not caring about what Brighton had just said.

"But it was—!"

"Cinch it."

Brighton slightly glared at her, and walked over to the lever just as Margret was about to pull it again.

"Out of my way, baker lady." Brighton grabbed the lever and gave it a good tug, finally closing the Queen's corset.

The Queen gasped in surprise, but then started laughing. "I knew I was the same size. Untether me."

Margret I clipped her from the device.

"Time for me to get rich. I mean hitched. Bring around the sled. The Queen demanded as she went to go put her dress on.

...

The seven dwarves were all sleeping in the hut, laying anywhere they could, since most of their beds had been destroyed.

Napoleon walked around the hut, holding a piece of paper trying to wake all of the other guys up.

"Guys! Wake up!" He yelled.

The other dwarves groaned in discomfort and annoyance and sat up.

"Winter's gone." He announced.

"What?"

"What?"

"Did you check the kitchen?"