Chapter 11

Third Party's POV:

"Master Elias! We didn't find the lady you mentioned with golden-yellow eyes. The entire mall was searched, but she's nowhere to be seen," Mason, the head security, reported carefully, his voice hushed.

"For three hours, you searched the whole mall and yet you failed to find her?" Elias' voice was tense, his lips pressed together tightly, and his expression frosty.

The other guards who stood behind Mason with hands clasped behind their backs respectfully and downcast gazes, felt beads of cold sweat forming on their foreheads. They had searched every corner of the mall, checking staff and customers, even reviewing security footage, yet there was no trace of the girl Elias had described.

They even doubted that their master might have seen it wrong but no one dared to speak aloud. It was not easy for master Elias to get this angry but if he does, it means whoever the girl was, she was way too important for him to act this way.

No one except young miss Keira make him this much anxious.

"I apologize, master! We're extending the search to nearby areas. We won't stop until we find her." Mason's determination remained, even in the face of Elias' mounting frustration.

Elias nodded tensely and looked around, searching for the person he was looking for years. The little hope that died years ago due to his investigation results, rose within him again and it was not his imagination; it was her, it was really Elysia...

"Expand the search area, even if it means covering all of Madrid. Find her. And if you fail this time, don't expect my mercy," Elias commanded before walking back toward the parked cars surrounding the mall.

"Prepare our best men for an extended search," Mason ordered through his Bluetooth earpiece, his expression complicated as he watched Elias' retreating figure.

It was rare for him to be so restless, unless...

*************

Elysia's POV:

When I arrived at the mall entrance, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Seeing Ares' caller ID, I immediately answered the call.

"Miss Lawson! Where are you? I've been knocking at your door for ten minutes," his voice held annoyance. Just as I was about to respond, a lady bumped into me.

"Sorry!" She hurried inside. When another group approached to enter, I realized I was blocking the entrance.

Stepping aside, I moved to a quieter spot outside the mall which was less crowded. "I'm sorry, I just came to the mall to buy something for my family, is there anything you need sir?" I asked him.

"Of course! Why would I call you otherwise?" He remarked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his tone.

He was being like this since we parted ways in the hospital last week. His attitude had changed as if he was almost trying to act civil, almost...

Although he was not being a jerk, it didn't stop his sarcastic remarks. Whatever the reason was for his change, I was glad he didn't pry about my past or questioned about what happened to me in the office.

"I need Stone Corporation's file. Ronald said it's with you. If you're late, tell me, I need to check something," he sounded more annoyed when I didn't answer immediately.

"It's in my handbag, on the couch in my room," I replied distractedly, noticing a man rushing toward the mall entrance. He was wearing a grey three-piece office suit with dark sunglasses. Something about him seemed familiar, but before I could see his face more clearly, he already entered the mall with quick steps. Several men dressed in black rushed after him inside the mall.