Chapter 33 Knowing Her

They both arranged the dinner on the dining table and Karan too came and three of them sat and had it quietly.
After the dinner it was the same and Usha ji asked Meera to watch the serial with her and Meera complied and after it they both went to their respective rooms to sleep.

It was the same for another few days and Usha ji carefully noticed Meera how she dealt with Yash when he was fussy and everything else she knew it was time to ask Karan and know his reason about why he hired Meera who had no experience and was his student before.

The same day when Karan came back home she was ready to ask him about it so after the dinner she went to his room to ask it as Meera was still in the kitchen and she could hear their talk if they talked in the living room.

Usha ji knocked on her son's room door.
Karan looked up from his phone  which he was scrolling as Yash slept beside him and went to open the door and saw his mother and said "Maa pls come in what happened everything okay?"
"Yes I just wanted to talk to you about something" replied Usha ji.
Coming inside the room they both sat on the couch near the bed and Karan asked her "Is Papa fine ?"
"Yes don't worry it's about Meera" said Usha ji.
This made Karan think about her response that what does his mother wants to talk about Meera.
Just then Meera was going to go in her room beside his but she stopped hearing the next words.
"I want to know why you hired her as I came to know from her that she was your student and she had zero experience with babies but to just hire her like this what was the reason?" Asked his mother.
Karan thought for a second and answered her "Maa she needed a job and I wanted the nanny so..."
"You know I know you better than that tell me the truth" said Usha ji who knew her son who always thought before taking a decision and this one sounded ridiculous.
"Actually...." He started to say but the person listening from the other side of the door scolded herself for eavesdropping and went from there still curious about his answer.
Karan explained to his mother the reason behind him hiring her and she felt good about his decision.
And saying good night to him she went to her room and slept.
Karan was still thinking about what he told his mother Yes it was the reason but there was also another part which he wasn't able to accept.

The next day,
Usha ji knew what she had to do so after Karan went off she asked Meera to accompany her to the temple but Meera refused reasoning about Yash and Sejal so Usha ji nodded and went to get ready to go alone.
But Meera felt guilty about refusing her so she messaged Karan asking if she could go and give Sejal a holiday but didn't get any response.
At last she didn't go as Yash was very young and they stayed at home and Usha ji went.
On the way Usha ji was happy that Meera thought about Yash first and went to pray for her husband as he had felt some pain today in his knee which she came to know about when she talked with him in the morning.

She also prayed for her son and grandson for their health and future and then for Meera she knew she had been strict with her but it was because she wanted to know the real her and now when she know her she was happy about her.
She noticed everything but didn't say anything about the way she always fed Yash before having food herself, playing and taking care of him, and how she used to calm his grumpy moods because Yash had different types of moods and if it was anyone else they would have gave up but not her.
She also noticed something else about her and her son and prayed to God to make it happen.
She didn't miss the way they both talked with their eyes and talked about their days when she was in her room and knew she could go back without worrying about her son and grandson.
And prayed for the happiness of three of them.

Usha ji reached home after sometime and went to rest and had lunch in the afternoon and thought to go back to her husband as she couldn't help worrying about him and then Karan came back in the evening.
At the dinner she told both of them, "I am thinking of going back."
"But why Maa is everything okay ?" Asked Karan getting concerned.
"Today when I talked to your father on the phone he said he was feeling pain in his knee I can't help worrying about it" she replied.
"Maa you know Papa right whenever you go somewhere he always uses this to call you back" said Karan knowing his father as one time he too went but he was joking.
"How can you say that Karan I'm going back and you book my ticket for tomorrow" she said commanding him.
"Ok ok Maa sorry I'll do it but call me if it's really serious ok ?" He asked.
"Ok" she said.
Meera was quietly listening this while eating and thought she didn't want Usha ji to go back too as they bonded over cooking but didn't say it as it was about her husband's health.

After the dinner it was the same Usha ji and Meera watching the serial together but Usha ji knew it became her favourite thing when Meera sat and watched it with her she knew she didn't like it at all but still she sat with her everytime she asked her to instead of denying.

After the serial Meera started to get up but Usha ji stopped her saying "Be ready tomorrow I want to talk to you before I go."
Meera got nervous hearing her and nodded and went to her room to sleep but all her thoughts were included about Usha ji's words and didn't know when sleep took her over.

Word count: 1050
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!