Chapter 64 Broken Silence

Meera's POV

I quickly went to my room with Yash to feed him.
I still can't believe all that happened I mean him dreaming about me and the way he gazed at me like I was the most precious thing in this world oh God just thinking about it made my cheeks turn red.
I looked at Yash and thanked him for interrupting the moment because if he didn't I don't know what would I have done.
Soon he was fed and I covered myself and my hairs were dried too so I put them in a bun and made my way to the living room with Yash who was drowsy after being burped.

There in the living room I kept Yash in his cot and in no time he was asleep. Patting his head I went to the kitchen.
I brought breakfast to the dining table and was waiting for him.
In some time he was here and we had our breakfast quietly as it was still awkward after that.
I wasn't able to look at him as when I did it reminded me of the morning encounter and unknowingly my face gave it away.
After breakfast he cleaned the dishes.
And I went in the living room to complete my book which I almost finished reading.
After sometime he came and sat beside me I could feel his eyes on me.
So umm this morning.... He started to say breaking the silence.
I didn't know it was you I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by any means he said.
No it's fine it wasn't your fault I was just going to take Yash for feeding I replied reasoning.
So we are good ? he asked.
Yes I responded to him.
And I kept my attention on my book again.
Why did you react that way ? He asked me.
What way ? I asked back in confusion.
Umm when I was saying you could leave anytime you want and you abruptly went to your room without hearing me he said making me realise.
I umm it was nothing I was being silly I said not knowing how to voice it out.
Meera I know you better than that I think you said that why I was saying so and if I regretted giving you the job so I know it wasn't nothing he said looking at me.
Umm I was just irritated I guess? I said but it sounded more like a question and he knew it.
Meera you said we could talk about it after the wedding so I think it's high time we sort this out he said.
But it's fine I think I was being stupid and there's nothing to talk about I said not meeting his eyes as I don't know if I could take it.
No Meera tell me talk to me why did you say that I could never regret giving the job to you. You gave me no reason to. And even if you do I could never regret it. He said making me look at him.
His eyes looked sincere and I cursed myself for running from him for this.
It was just an insecurity I think when you said that I could leave anytime I thought you wanted me to so I said that I'm sorry
I said not able to stop myself.
Meera when I said that you could leave anytime I meant it because I thought I was and maybe am holding you back from your dreams your passion if you hadn't been here you would have been out there chasing your dreams he said softly looking at me.
No you are not holding me back because if you hadn't been there I don't know what I would be doing I didn't have anything no money to survive,no family for support, and certainly no job I was at my lowest at that time I was glad that you gave me the job. I can achieve my dreams whenever I want but for that to happen I needed to be independent and you helped me to be. I said to him realising he blamed himself maybe he had overthinked just like me.
Really ? He asked me.
Really I said nodding my head to assure him.
Turns out we just needed to talk it out huh? He said smiling at me.
Yes I nodded in response.
So now when everything is clear I think we can celebrate? He asked me.
I nodded not knowing what to say.
Ok so be ready at dinner you'll get the famous chef Karan's special he said with a grin.
I raised my eyebrow in amusement listening to him.
Ok but I can help it was my fault as I ran from the conversation I said to him.
No it's Karan's special so I just want you to be the guest he said.
Fine I replied.
Then in sometime Sejal came and did her work and he went to buy some groceries I think for dinner.
I couldn't help but smile at his behaviour. How easily he made me understand and always used the soft tone and how cutely he grinned when he asked me for dinner.
Didi kuch khaas baat hai?
(Did something happen?)
Sejal asked me. She must've looked at my smiling face.
Nahi nahi bas yunhi.
(Nothing just like that.)
I replied back to her.
Jo bhi baat hai achi baat hai aapko kaafi dino baad iss tarah se muskurate dekha.
(Whatever the matter its good after a long time I saw you smiling like this.)
She said to me.
I could only nod thinking about the reason for my smile.
And this only made my heart beat like crazy.
And drowned myself in my book after sometime.

It was lunch time but he didn't come back I was kinda sad because I enjoyed having meals with him even though we didn't really talk while doing so because for me the silence between us was comforting just by his presence it didn't need to be filled by small talks.
And I could only hope if he felt the same.
Around four pm or something the door bell rings and I make my way to open the door.
I didn't expect anything but when I opened the door I was certainly shocked.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!