Singularity F: 1

The tall figure tried to launch another attack at the smaller one. But with just a single swing of their weapon, they stumbled to one knee.

Beneath the tall figure's cracked white mask with orange eyes, an unexpected whirlwind of thoughts raged.

This is surprising because this figure wasn't thought to possess any thoughts. Yet, here we are.

"I..." Thought the figure to themselves, "I am the Hollow Knight. Supposed to be hollow... No mind to think, no will to break, no voice to cry suffering... But I find myself here..." Its gaze shifted to the smaller figure.

The smaller figure wore only a turquoise cloth, perhaps concealing armor underneath, as the fabric obscured the view. Flecks of white hair adorned its head.

A white mask covered its face, with only eye holes through which darkness peeked, like an abyss.

"This..." its thoughts persisted, "It was meant to be me, the Hollow Knight!" Its furious thoughts remained hidden behind the mask's facade.

Slowly, its sole arm, the left one gripping a sword-like weapon, ascended. "But this! My own sibling..." Its reference was to the smaller figure. "Is hollower than I am—ARGH!" A surge of agony coursed through its form, an orange tumor-like growth protruding from its chest.

"I...
Am...
Not...
Pure!"

Driven by ferocious intent, it repeatedly plunged the sword-like weapon into its chest, the blade penetrating from front to back, releasing orange fluids from the wounds.

Stab. "I!" Stab. "Only!" Stab. "Exist!" Stab. "To!" Stab. "Make!" Stab. "Father!" Stab. "Proud!"

As its vision dimmed, the last sight it beheld was an orange radiance emanating from its own form, being absorbed by the smaller figure.

...

...

...

...

Uh...

...

I'm not dead?

...

But I died...

...

What is this?

...

I am...

...

A hero?

...

Really?

...

Someone is calling for me...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Olga paced back and forth, her face etched with stress, lost in contemplation. She intermittently glanced at the cross-shaped shield on the ground, as if awaiting some event. This place, swarmed with Servants and adversaries, was certainly taxing enough.

"So, when will the Servant arrive?" inquired Ritsuka.

"I don't know, Senpai," Mash replied.