Chapter 20: Hoodie

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

The breeze from her sprinting made her glad she had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Toge was at the door, over for their second movie night so far. Kaori stopped in front of her door, tossing it open along with her arms, ready to be trapped in another warm hug from her first ever boyfriend.

"Tog-e!" she cheered, her body shivering as the blanket flew off of her skin.

Instead of hugging her like she thought he would, he stood still, his eyes flickering down, up to her face, and then anywhere but her.

Her arms dropped a little, the breeze from the blanket making her cold again. "Toge?"

He pulled his zip-up hoodie over his face, turning to the side.

The confused girl looked down at herself, nothing seeming unusual to her about a tank top and shorts. "Toge?"

He looked at her eyes only, still covering his lower face.

It's just like my summer uniform.

"I forgot, sorry," she apologized, wrapping her blanket around herself.

He doesn't like too much skin.

Kaori turned her face away, catching Toge's eye. He stepped forward to grab her shoulder as she began to find a change of clothes.

"You don't have to change."

She tensed, turning her head back to him. His face was pink, but she didn't understand why. "You didn't like when I wore that short skirt."

He paused to remember what she was talking about, soon replying with, "I didn't like the way other guys looked at you when you wore that. I thought you looked pretty..." he trailed off, turning his head down as his face became more pink.

"Pretty?" she asked, trying to understand his mumbling.

"You look pretty today too.."

No one but her mother had called her pretty before. Her father refused to even look at her when she was living in her childhood home. She could've believe what she was hearing.

"You mean that?" she whispered, leaning down to where his head still hung towards the floor.

As he lifted his head, she moved hers away enough to avoid a collision. "Do I mean it?"

She nodded, holding her blanket closely around her.

Is she blind?

"Kaori," he started to whisper back to her, placing his hands along her cheeks, "you've been beautiful since I met you."

Her sage eyes stared into his, seeing the most sincere look she'd ever been given. Her arms wasted no time wrapping around his back and up to his shoulders, her favorite way to pull him as close as possible to her. The blanket slipped from her fists in her quick movement, sending more shivers up her back.

Toge's hands ended up brushing the caramel hair from her shoulders, leaving nothing but his body heat to keep her goosebump-free. He brushed more of the hair away from her neck, placing his hand on the back of it and pulling her closely with his second arm around her shoulders. His own off-white hair brushed against hers as he laid his head on top of hers.

"Thank you," she breathed, loosening her arms around him while he pulled away.

"I'll remind you of it." He kissed her forehead, pulling her by the hands to the couch as she smiled. A rare blush also crept onto her face.

He allowed her to pick her seat first, going around the back of the couch and tossing the blanket over her body. She tilted her head back, seeing his face above her as he tucked the blanket close to her. A kiss was gently pressed on her lips as he finished messing with the blanket. Walking to sit next to her, he unzipped his beige hoodie, tossing it over the back of the couch cushion.

Kaori made room for him under the blanket, tossing one of the tucked sides off of her to allow for him to snuggle next to her.

"Are you cold?" she asked, holding the blanket edge in the air.

He shook his head. "You make me feel warm," he grinned, pulling her close by her waist and her face near by her check. He gave her a quick peck, sitting against the couch after with his arm still around her.

"So do you want the blanket or not?" she asked, her arm getting tired.

"Oh," he voiced, "sure."

She tossed the blanket over his legs letting him adjust it the way he liked while she pulled his shoulder down to lie her head on it. His white t-shirt was soft, so she nuzzled her cheek into it.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Several shivers later, Toge reached forward to grab the remote off of the coffee table. He paused the TV, placing the remote back down.

"I'm going to use the bathroom, okay?"

Kaori pulled the blanket up to herself again, nodding her response.

He stood up from the covers, tucking the blanket around her again. "I'll be back," he smiled.

"Okay."

As he left her dorm quietly, Kaori continued to shiver. Students didn't have control over the temperature of their dorms, it was always whatever Gojo changed it to. It wasn't nearly warm enough for early fall though, her shivering never stopped since she changed out of her thick school uniform.

Looking behind her to check the time, her eyes instead found themselves on the beige hoodie Toge was wearing that day. All of the hoodies she had brought from home were desperately in need of a laundry day, and this option didn't seem to have a downside.

She pulled the hoodie from the cushion, holding it up in the air to see if it would even fit her. Toge was roughly the same height as her, and he was athletic, which made him as thin as her. Sorcery work really made everyone loose weight.

She quickly tossed the blanket off her shoulders and tucked her arms inside the sleeves, zipped the jacket around her, and pulled the hood up. A familiar scent hit her nose, causing Kaori to pull the fabric towards her.

But as her door opened again, Kaori jumped and turned to where he was standing.

"Toge," she mumbled, pulling her arms under her chin.

"Hm?" he looked up. Walking over, he now noticed his hoodie around her.

His face flushed pink as she stuck her nose into her arms, able to smell her boyfriend without even touching him. It was a happy smell, the type of smell she would never be disappointed to be greeted with.

"Can I wear this?" she asked, looking back up at him.

He smiled, admiring the way she looked in his clothes. "Of course you can," he responded.

"Thanks," she smiled, watching and turning her body around as he came to sit back on the couch. "It's still warm from when you wore it."

"You like that?" he asked, leaning down to her and hugging her waist. His hands pulled at her hips as he sat down, his face nuzzling into the hood with her own.

She covered his legs with the blanket again, her arm being pulled over his shoulder as he hugged her. He mumbled into her neck, his breath warm and tickling on her skin. Toge's lips were the next thing to touch the skin on her neck, making her giggle from his affection.  

"I do."

He had to kiss her anywhere he could reach at this point. She was just too pretty in his hoodie that he was would never get over it.

"My pretty girl.." he cooed.