Prologue

Agranian Imperium, 977
The Agranian Imperium is the sole superpower in a developing world. They started off life as a city state, dealing mostly with trade such as food, livestock and slaves. As time goes on however, the city state couldn't stay as just a city state, and so they went.

They began mobilizing their own army, who would march on from the East and West, kickstarting the Agranian conquests. This series of conquest involved many subjugations of other regions and development of armor and weapon, that they use to reunify the peninsula, now named the Agranian peninsula.

From there, they had discovered a perfect weapon, capable of making men fly, that being wyverns, who were tamed during this time, and were immediately used to great effect, as they were basically dominating the skies.

The conquests only continued to the Northern continent, this time with sweeping victory thanks to the aforementioned wyverns. Existing states were annexed left and right, Agrania was getting bigger, until they had reached their peak in 869, when there's nothing left to take over in the Ghanian continent.

They still wanted more, they wanted more goods, more slaves, and more resources that they could use to exploit. The problem is how? They already taken all the land there is on the continent, and there's no way that there's even more land out there, or at least that's what the Imperium believed.

That's when a certain wizard came into the throne room of the Emperor of the time, who suggested a gateway to a new world. They became interested, very interested in fact that they dedicated most of their military resource in building such a gateway.

It took about a century, but they had finally completed the gate, all they had to do now is cross troops into the new world.

"So everything is ready?" said the Emperor, Cassius.

"Yes my liege, our troops have been mobilized and is now ready to cross the gate"

Cassius looks out the balcony of his palace, cracking a smile afterward.

"Very well then, we shall commence the conquest of the New World!"

"Yes my liege" as his generalissimo takes his leave, as troops line up on the massive gate, with the heavier units such as the trolls and wyverns taking the lead. The chatter flood the lines as they were talking about how they will take over the land behind that gate, how they will get more slaves, and more to rape.

They were motivated to go, to fight new enemies, for the Emperor, for the Agranian Imperium, and it won't be a matter of time when they will be marching.

"And so it begins, the glorious conquest of Unknown Lands..."

...

"...Today we mark the first week since the series of snowstorm and blizzard had first hit the Northern Hemisphere. The unprecedented storms this year had been the worst we had since 1993, after the end of the Capital-Commune War left us with one of the coldest winter in history. People had been advised to stay home as the storms so far only worsen, especially in the more Northern region such as Ruprada in Newberslawnia. Only time could tell how these storms of 2025 would end..."

A Tigr passes by a snow-covered road sign, as it traverses the same old asphalt, just with a bit of snow on it. Occupying the vehicle is 8 soldiers of the Newberslawnian Ground Forces, trying to navigate their way back to the base they were garrisoned in as visibility becomes bad by 5PM.

"Quite a blizzard isn't it?" said the driver in effort to break the awkward silence.

"It is, Pyotr, now just focus on driving will ya?" said the squad commander who sits next to him.