Crossover

Ruprada, (Northern) Newberslawnia, 10/1/2025
A big number of black bags lie on the slightly snowy road of Ruprada countryside, lined up neatly together. As the trolls' and wyverns' bodies are still lying in the surrounded area, the Newberslawnian military worked day and night to seal off the road for civilians.

No one really knows what really was going on ever since this gate was found standing here yesterday. Many people were determined to find answers for themselves however, and by many people, I of course mean journalists.

These people had been a pain in the ass to deal with, as they keep on insisting for information regarding the gate. It's also worth noting that some of the media can be... questionable at best, as conspiracy theories run rampant in the digital space. Drones had also been commonly shot down to prevent further OSINT* of what they're doing.

"These journalists man..." Stanislav mumbles to himself "...I fucking hate them..."

Considering this, Stanislav did not have a great start to the day, but at least it was better than the blizzard they had last week, even if it's only a little bit. Tanks and armored vehicles of all kind had been present on the site as he passes by them in the Tigr.

Helicopters would fly by, heading for either of the fallen wyverns' body, while some stayed in the air as combat air patrol, CAP for short. In truth, the amount of troops are here to defend against possible second incursion, which so far had not happened yet.

Rumors had been circulating in the Armed Forces nevertheless, that they will be crossing into the other side of the gate, to get a foothold into the land. If that's true, then question would not be if, but when.

As the Tigr comes to a halt upon arriving the 'Gate Area', some soldiers are visibly seen contemplating, maybe bracing for a far away from home scenario if that were to happen.

"Crazy day already right?" said Pyotr, the driver.

"Indeed Pyotr, it's a crazy day for us" replied the Starshina as he then turns to the back of the vehicle. Sitting one of the seat in the soldier from yesterday, adorning a coat with the EMR digital camouflage pattern.

"You sure we can trust this guy?" he whispered to Pyotr.

"He's the only that knows what's behind that gate, I don't really want to say this, but he's our only lead to this one" as Pyotr lowered his voice as well. Stanislav couldn't disagree nor can he agree more on that.

"Alright then... let's just get out of the vehicle shall we?" as he then opens the door, with Pyotr nodding then taking off his seatbelt.

Stanislav closes the door upon the boots make contact with the asphalt on the ground, then he makes his way to his squad. As he is walking, the Starshina would come across a familiar face for him...

"Comrade Yaroslav Danilovich!"

Yaroslav would notice Stanislav calling for him, saluting upon contact in which the Starshina saluted back. Both put their hand down as they closed distance.

"It's been while Stanislav" as Yaroslav reach his open hand out.

"Good to see you too" as Stanislav would exchange a (gloved) handshake with Yaroslav "I see you're a Starshiy Serzhant* now"

"Yes, and you're a Starshina?"

"Yep"

"Damn, I thought I was a rank higher than you"

The Starshina chuckled at his remarks. The two had been friends since they both enlisted in the Newberslawnian Ground Forces three years ago. They served under the same units, with same role of riflemen until Stanislav was transferred to another unit.