youforia

they don't like it wheni'm down

i'm down.

macK took a glimpse up at belle's gorgeous irises from across the table, quickly looking down at sky in attempt to hide his gleaming eyes and bright smile

her face was dug in a book. he didn't exactly understand how going to breakfast together translated to sit across from me while i read my book, but he'd take what he could get with the alluring girl.

after the team's three day trip to miami, they returned for a long homestead. macK convinced belle to take some time off work to heal from her breakup. she wouldn't expose the details of it, but it must've been devastating.

with her cleared schedule, came time for macK in it. they've gone to breakfast for the three mornings in a row, even yesterday when he had a day game.

they didn't talk a lot, but it was peaceful. the longest conversation they had was about their little prank war, which belle insisted wasn't over yet. apparently, there was no truceing until she won.

with all this free time, macK offered up tickets to the nationals games, which she refused to take unless the braves were playing. she disclosed she had the hots for max fried, and max fried only. at least he knew she liked lefties that pitched.

"what're you reading?" he slowly asked.

"to kill a mockingbird," belle returned, politely looking up from the book and flashing him the cover of it.

macK nodded. coincidentally, he was pretty sure he starred in a play that somewhat mimicked that topic in middle school... he may still even remember his lines.

"that's a good one," macK stated.

"you've read it?" she queried. macK didn't hit her as a reader. besides, if you were that good at pitching, why even have time for books?

"yeah, it's not bad," the boy conversed.

"yeah." belle quietly agreed. her breath hitched as her arctic irises returned to the many interesting pages to come. not to sound evil or downright wrong, but it was her favorite book. obviously for the good/right reasons.

"what about the outsiders? you ever read that one?" macK continued. he was fascinated in having a good talk with belle. he wanted to learn more about her and who she was, and this was simply the start.

"the books great, but the movie? lord have mercy. hands down my comfort film on sad lonely nights." belle told.

"really? i don't think the movie did the book enough justice. it wasn't bad, but the acting was just... eh." he shrugged.

"maybe you'd understand the love for the movie if you were a girl. dally is the finest man to grace this earth."

"see! that is exactly why i hate the movie! in the book, dally was described as an ugly towhead!" macK outbursted. he could almost sense sky's blue eyes rolling from underneath the table.

belle threw her head back like a little kid and chuckled. his passion was amusing.

as the girl returned to her normal demeanor, macK was spotted looking achieved. his perfect white teeth flashed with a shimmery shine.

"well, i must admit... cherry is pretty," he admitted bashfully. macK opened his mouth to mimick her remark about not being a girl, but belle spoke first.

"really, macK? you see a drop dead gorgeous woman and all that can come out of your mouth is "pretty"?" she joked comfortably.

macK gazed into her lovely ocean eyes, almost unsure of what he should say back.

"i expected more from someone who seems to love literature. you couldn't even say she was hot?" belle continued, dragging the joke on because she could tell the boy was ambivalent and unaware.

"um," he warily shrugged. he was lost right now. in his eyes, this conversation went from 0 to 100 in a few seconds. it never helped secretly being a dumb blond despite being brunette when it came to catching up on thoughts.

"i assume that's why you don't have any women at your condo whatsoever?" belle playfully snarked.

macK's jaw dropped as he picked up his coffee. he tried to think of something bitter to say back... but he couldn't. she may have just won.

"take that back," he protested. macK wasn't great at thinking on his feet, but he was beginning to realize that arguing with belle was coming natural to him. "i promise you i get girls, but as a hardworking man with ethics and morals, i don't worship hookup culture. i would think a bright, young, diligent woman like yourself wouldn't either."

"umm, hello? having sex with your boyfriend is different than hookup culture," belle eye-rolled defensively, the humor in her tone still remaining.

"your boyfriend? where at?" macK asked himself, holding his flat hand up to his forehead as if he were trying to locate something in the distance.

"that was very violating. i feel attacked." belle truthfully disclosed, leaning back in her chair. by now, she was unable to hide her posh grin.

"did i just win?"

𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙄𝘼.

someone needs to make an ig page of all the weekends macK has been randomly spotted wandering around petco while he's supposed to be pitching