21 | A White Christmas

For what felt like hours, Harry and Draco shared conversation while sipping hot chocolate in front of the warm, crackling fire. Once their hot drink ran out, however, the two found themselves unexpectedly cuddling, with Viridis asleep on the other end of the sofa. On top of that, Draco's hair was too tempting for Harry not to play with, but after a few rejections in fear that Harry would mess it up, he finally gave in.

"Your hair is soft," Harry remarked, running his hand through Draco's silky blonde hair.

"And how do you expect me to respond to that?" Draco snorted, leaning back into Harry's chest.

"I don't know, maybe a thank you." Harry's legs closed around Draco's waist, pulling him closer.

"Your response to my bad manners is to trap me and ensure that I can't leave?" Draco asked, turning his head to look back at Harry with an inquisitive look.

"Mhm."

"Too bad that this is, in fact, rather comfortable."

"I don't think you would've said that last year."

"I wouldn't have even wanted to be touched by you last year, let alone cuddled."

Harry smirked and let go of Draco's hair, instead wrapping his arms around the blonde's chest to hold him even closer. "Oh yeah? Are you sure you didn't look at me and think 'Merlin, Potter looks so irresistibly cuddly right now?'"

Right after he'd said that, Harry realised that he probably shouldn't be provoking—uh—flirting with Draco with him sitting between his legs.

"I'd rather have been victim to another one of Voldemort's hugs than allow myself to think that," Draco's head shifted to look up at Harry instead of back, his head on Harry's chest, which made his once empty grey eyes sparkle like diamonds, full of joy. Full of happiness. Full of love. Platonic love, obviously. "Not anymore, though."

"Wha'? Huh?"

"It's a wonder you're not dead," Draco said under his breath, "you wouldn't spot a giant if it were metres away from you."

"Hey!" Harry exclaimed. "Watch your mouth."

"Or what?" drawled Draco. "Are you going to cuddle me to death? Squeeze me with your arms? Suffocate me in your hugs? Quite a pleasant way to go, to be honest. I wouldn't mind that."

"At this point you wouldn't mind if I hit you with an Unforgivable Curse."

Although he managed to play it off smoothly again, Harry couldn't deny that his heart was beginning to race in response to Draco's words. He really wished that Draco would stop saying such things, or did he? Well, in this position he really did. It wasn't too convenient for Harry.

"Although I'd like to preserve at least some of my dignity, I can't say I'm entirely opposed to it as long as you're the one behind the wand."

Since when did Draco become such a smooth talker? There was no doubt that Harry was going to wind up exposing himself tonight.

"Don't be stupid. I wouldn't do that to you," Harry murmured softly in Draco's ear, bringing one of his hands back up to his hair to caress it. "You mean too much to me. I can't possibly put you through something like that."

"Do I?" Draco looked back up at Harry with those damn eyes that made butterflies tickle his insides.

"I've already said I fucking love you, so how much of a stretch is it for you to believe that you mean a lot to me?"

"I didn't say I don't believe you." Draco's sentence was followed by a yawn. "We should really go to sleep soon."

"But I'm too comfy here," Harry moaned, tightening his grasp around Draco to make sure he definitely couldn't leave.