Chapter 20

"She needs to see someone."

"Yes, I agree."

"We should get her a therapist. She is struggling."

"No, first we should adjust her schedule and diet and then look for someone."

"How is her diet going to help with her lashing out?"

"Diet has a significant role in our mental health."

"Yes, and so does a therapist. I vote we look for a therapist."

"Me too."

"No."

"Yes."

"Or maybe we should leave her some room?"

"That is the worst thing to do now. She doesn't know how to process her emotions."

"I know, but she should see someone if she wants to."

"It's not a matter of what she wants. Dawn doesn't know what is important. She is basically still a teenager."

"Don't do that."

"What?"

"Well, she has a point. Dawn didn't grow up in a healthy environment to fully develop herself."

"But you can't treat her like a child. She is twenty-two."

"On the outside-"

"Alright, stop it. We won't accomplish anything with arguing back and forth."

"I agree."

"She needs good care. Her diet needs to be tailored to get her physical strength up and we will get her a therapist to provide essential support. We will work on both problems and hopefully she will get better quicker. The Moon Valley Pack told us we could use their resources for her recovery so let's contact them."

Following the incident of that morning, Dawn had retreated to her room. She refused to talk to anyone who came to her room. All of them had formed a group and gathered in front of her bedroom door discussing her behavior. She thinks it was the medics and Mateo.

And then she heard him coming up.

"So- Oh, Aiden. What are you doing here?... Aiden?"

"You need to give her some space, Alpha. With all due respect, but we have to be patient with her. I don't understand how I am the only one seeing that."

"Aiden her behavior-"

"Yes, I know, but what do you expect? That after nine years of captivity she knows perfectly well how to act properly? Just give her some space." Dawn heard Aiden vouch for her.

The bedroom door opened and Dawn turned around. Immediately she searched for his warm and comforting eyes. They lured her in every time. He looked irritated at first, but when they locked eyes he smiled. A sympathetic smile. "Hey there."

Aiden walked up to Dawn and leaned against the window with his back facing her on the bed. He crossed his arms and she could see the muscles protruding under his shirt. First she admired them and then a hit of jealousy. It was poisonous green. Dawn wanted to be as healthy as Aiden. If she wasn't there in that lab, if she hadn't been captured, if people would have looked for her, if she wouldn't have left home that day, if she didn't run off, if she woke up an hour earlier or later that day. If, if, if. If she wasn't being held captive for over nine years she would have looked as healthy as Aiden. But that was her reality, and looking backwards wouldn't help.

"How about an outing?" Aiden asked, bringing Dawn out of her head.

"An outing?" Dawn sat right up. Intrigued by Aidens words.