𝟏𝟕

NEHEMIAH KENSINGTON
——

"You don't gotta sit across from me" Maya smiled getting up from her seat to be next to him. He preferred when she was sitting with him anyway. He didn't care about all that sit across the table and be formal stuff.

He took her to a nice restaurant that was very elegant in a nice part of Paris. She slept most of the day so this was pretty much all that could be done tonight.

"It's hard to get to know you when you barely talk."

"There ain't nun to know about me" He shrugged taking a sip of his water.

"Umm yes, there is. You don't tell me anything."

"You know my name, my age, nothing more's really to it" He could feel himself start to get irritated. He hated these conversations

"Nigga- Okay for example, what do you do in your free time?"

"That's a dumb ass question" He chuckled

"No, it's not. Literally everyone asks each other that"

It got quiet again

"Are you gonna answer the question?"

"I don't like doing all that job interview question shit. Just eat and relax."

Neem hated having to tell her that, but he seriously didn't enjoy telling people things about him. He felt she didn't care anyway and he was just releasing information about himself for no reason. Everything about him was private, and he planned to keep it that way.

"And then you ask why I ask what you want from me. You won't even talk to me like I'm very confused. At least tell me what you have me around you for"

"I just want someone to be around. It's not that deep" It was that deep, but she didn't need to know that.

"Are you alone or something? You got family?" It got quiet again, Maya was used to it at this point. She knew that was just him

"I'm not alone, I just want someone to be around. Everyone I know doesn't live by me." That was kind of true. All his family was in Florida but pretty much just scattered around the state. None of them lived in Miami, and none of them spoke to him anymore anyway.

"So that's what you want outta me? A lil friend, I can do that." He could hear the softness in her voice, basically like she was saying 'Aww.' He didn't like pity.

"I don't know, we'll see where things go."

He's never been in a relationship before. He had flings and stuff but never asked a girl out. It never went further than sex, and of course, the girls hated that. If they were gonna get dick dumb, they should've never fucked him.

"Well, at least you let me know so I know what to expect. Just a friend."

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Hold my legs right. I'm bouta fall."

Their hotel wasn't far from the restaurant so they walked there. On the way back though Maya's feet were hurting in her heels so she got on his back.