six

Karina brought Winter to her house again that night. After a little talk with her father, the older Yu assures the two girls that they can let him handle the problems. The rest, Karina's parents just want to make sure that Karina would make Winter happy again, brushing every horror terrifying her mind.

Karina asked Winter to change into new clothes. Her clothes were drenched with cold sweats, and Winter's comfort was Karina's priority.

It wasn't like the first time they were being together in the same room, all shy and timid. Winter now tries to fit herself into the family, being as comfortable as she could be like the Yu wanted her to, being another half for Karina to care for.

When she slowly lifted up her shirt, Karina helped her as the older girl slowly pulled up the shirt for Winter, revealing the old scars and bruises on Winter's body that were still evident. Trying to dig more, Karina set the dirty shirt on the floor. Her eyes are all on WInter's, asking for an explanation.

"Tell me everything he has ever done to you, Winter", Karina asked softly in her low voice.

Winter hesitated for a moment, feeling ashamed of the ugly patterns on her body as she covered them with her hands. Head was down, facing the horror that she tried to push away all her might.

"Winter, I want to help you", Karina caressed the back of Winter's head gently while her other hand pulled one of Winter's hands away from covering her bruised body.

"You wouldn't want to hear my story, Karina. I'm-", Winter's voice hitched before she took a deep breath to continue her words again. "I am not a virgin. He did things to me, aggressively...", Winter's voice starts to tremble hard but before she can completely break down, Karina beats her fast.

"I don't care if my future girlfriend, fiancee, or wife wasn't a virgin. I don't care, as long as it is you, I will be fine", Karina smiled, holding Winter's hand tightly while rubbing the back of Winter's hand with her thumb.

Looking back at how Winter was still in her deep slump, Karina tried to smile again, even tho she would look like a complete idiot with her nostrils opened and a corner of her mouth lifted forming a weird smile.

"Look at me, hey", Karina called to bring Winter's attention to her.

Winter slowly lifted her eyes towards the older girl, only to be greeted with an edgy smile featuring wide-opened nostrils.

"Pfft-"

"You sneered!", Karina squealed happily, finally getting a positive reaction from Winter. "You found me funny! I saw you!"

"Sorry", Winter finally let out her tiny laughs between Karina's excitements. Seeing the younger girl laughing, Karina couldn't help but feel a rush of relief.

"Put your hands up! Shirts going in!", Karina said happily as pulled out a new clean white shirt for Winter to wear, sliding it into Winter's tiny body while the younger girl could only giggle at the attention she got.

When they finished, both looked into each other in the eyes. Karina's warm gaze succeeds to burns Winter's cheeks, feeling how fast her heart beats for the older girl like always. When Winter shyly smiled, Karina smiled back at her happily, not until she took the younger by surprise with a quick peck on the lips.

Oh god, how Winter could feel that her heart going to explode.

"What did you just-"

"Why? Can't I kiss my soon-to-be girlfriend, fiancee, and wife?", Karina smirked playfully as she held both of Winter's hands in a soft squeeze. Instead of answering, Winter's eyes went wide from the embarrassment.