1: Welcome to Transylvania

Chapter 1- "The Hotel"

     "Something Bad is 'bout to happen

                       I don't know but I feel it coming

                                        Might be so sad,

                                                   Might leave my nose running." - DARK RED, Steve lacy

>>------------------------- ♧ -------------------------<<

"Persi! Come on, you're gonna miss this totally tubular scene!!!" Yelled the curly haired redhead who was traveling with me. My best friend, Johnny, seemed overly excited about something he had seen in the forest. So, naturally, as any best friend would do in this situation I followed knowing that it was very likely that we could get injured very badly or even die! I quickened my pace as I yelled out to him, "I'm coming!"

Walking to catch up I started to speed walk as I tripped on a root that was sticking up from the ground, I had landed on my hands and my knees. Grumbling, I got up, it was hard to see due to it being night and the fact that the "spooky" forest was foggy.

Anyway in case you were wondering why we're here in the first palace, to tell you the truth I don't know, my name is Persephone or better known as Persi. All I know is that me and Johnny were rock climbing , took a cab to Transylvania and along the way heard about a supposedly cursed and spooky forest so obviously we had to check it out- so yeah that's how we ended up here.

Eventually I caught up to Johnny as I watched the scene unfold in front of me. What seemed like people wearing zombie costumes on fire! "Cool!" I said as Johnny started filming, I laughed but I myself couldn't help taking a snapshot of the scene with my camera.

Johnny suddenly yanked my arm as I yelped. He pulled me as I started to walk with him following the zombies. I was debating whether we should stop now or continue- I mean some of our best adventures were ones where Johnny did completely dumb stuff.

Suddenly the Zombies went into a tunnel, I breathed in as I walked in, it was pitch black but after a couple of seconds my eyes adjusted a bit and I could make out an old abandoned train track, I ran my fingers against the "wall" of the tunnel. As we emerged from the tunnel I let out my breath.

The zombies kept walking until they reached a long bridge they dispersed onto it and walked unyil they reached a huge castle, my mouth opened a bit at the sight I was awestruck the castle was beautiful, I laughed as we started walking on the bridge. I still was surprised that the people hadnt noticed us yet, I mean we had been following them.

We went through the door as Johnny's backpack got stuck in one of the entrances, I sighed as I pushed his backpack forward, as we finally got his backpack unstuck we finally saw the interior. A carpet was rolled in the main lobby with knights standing on each side. The whole place was full of people dressed up in costumes, last time I checked it wasn't Halloween yet, so this seemed odd.

I couldnt get a full view of everything as suddenly a strong gust of air pushed us toward the door, we started spinning rapidly as I finally opened my eyes, there stood a tall structured man with pale skin, had a cape, and had blue eyes that were staring daggers at Johnny. He had an outfit that resembled a vampires outfit, I thought to myself that he was dressing up as Dracula.

"Who are you two and how did you get here?!" The guy asked with worry in his voice. I looked over at Johnny and saw that he was totally chill, seemingly unbothered by the fac6t that we were still spinning in a doorway with an unknown man who looked like he wanted to murder us.

"The name's Johnny and this girl next to me is Persephone or as I call her, Persi." I nodded before Johnny continued, "You know we were just mountain climbing with some dudes when we heard this awesome story about a spooky forest- and I mean who's not gonna go into a spooky forest right?!" I rolled my eyes. Probably anyone sane Johnny.

"Anyway, while we were walking through the forest Johnny caught a sight of some goofy looking dudes on fire, and because he's Johnny and I always have to keep an eye on him or else he'll die- I followed him to this awesome place." I said exasperated out of breath.

"Yeah, speaking of awesome, you are killing that cape by the way dude." Johnny says grabbing the cape he stops and drops it after a second of looking at it. I looked and saw we were still spinning, gosh was I about to get dizzy.

"Is there like a costume party here or something?" Upon hearing his statement I remembered seeing people dressed up. "Oh my gosh a costume party would be so freaking fun." Also a really nice break from the whole spooky forest thing.

"You have to leave!" Said the man, the next thing I knew we were outside. The position we were in was not exactly a comfortable and fun position though, I was squished between Johnny, his backpack, and the man. There was one tiny opening by my nose as I breathed in some fresh air. I could hear voices talking to the man, but I couldn't hear it clearly. It sounded muffled and like gibberish.

I felt the man move and I heard more voices, "Dude, seriously what's up? It's kind of funky to breathe in here!" I heard Johnny say, "Yeah- especially when you're squished between two people." I said my voice a bit mumbled and strained.

I heard the man hush as I scoffed, Rude. He wasn't the one who had to be under here short of breath.

>>------------------------- ♧ -------------------------<<

Hey guys! It would be really helpful to know your opinions on this book, let me know what you think so far in the comments!💖