Chapter 6- Honey Trap

.
.
.

Will turned to face you, leaning against the chair softly. His expression was nothing short of terrified.

"What's wrong?" You ask, frowning at his sudden behaviour.

His eyes dart to the door, then back to your face as he breathes. "Is he forcing you to stay here?" He asks, his tone rushed, but quiet.

"Forcing me? No-" You defend, "I'm staying here of my own volition. Besides, he's helping me."

"Helping you what?" He asks, backing away a little bit.

"I think I'm ill... when I'm around him, he makes me feel better." You try to articulate your thoughts, despite not even being sure what you think of the situation.

His eyes pierce your own. He looks conflicted. He bites his lip and groans as he sits back in his own seat. "When are you coming back to work?" He sighs, looking into the fire.

"Soon. I think I'm going to stay here for another day or so. If hannibal allows me to. I'm not feeling 100%." You explain.

He grimaces but nods anyways. "Please... look out for yourself, Y/N."

You roll your eyes but give a reassuring chuckle. "I will."

Hannibal enters the room once more, returning with a decanter of whiskey and a few glasses. You smile as you look up at him. "Do you just have infinite booze here or what?"

Hannibal chuckles as he places the glasses down on a sidetable. "I like to be prepared for any occasion... any guest. Our guest today has a preference for whiskey."

You smile and watch the honey-brown liquid pour into the glasses before he hands you one with a smile. You look at your face in the reflection and have a sip.

"Thank you, Hannibal. But I ought to get going... I have to feed my dogs." He says, adjusting his glasses as they glint in the warm light.

"Leaving so soon?" He asks, straightening his back to look at the man, a devious twinkle in his eye.

"Afraid so." Will grunts as he sidesteps the doctor. "Duty calls."

He catches your eye once more before he lets himself out. You give him a sad look before he disappears for good.

"A shame he had to leave so early. I just opened this bottle." Hannibal comments as he looks at his glass and takes a seat beside you. "How was your day?" He asks.

_________________________________________

After the night passes you by, you and Hannibal retreat to his study as he explains his works to you. You'd mentioned that you glanced over the pages of his sketchbook, and he jumped at the opportunity to explain it all. You thought it was pretty interesting.

You stand above his desk, swishing your whiskey in the glass as you observe the way he talks, how passionately he describes the details of his work. It's attractive.

You're drawn away from your thoughts when you hear your phone ringing from the other room.

"Are you going to get that?" He asks, placing his pencils to the side and resting his arms on the desk.

"I guess I should.." you say as you place your glass down. "One minute, I'll be back."

You leave the room and pick up the phone as you hold it to your ear. "Hello?"

"Good evening, Y/N." Jack replies from the other side of the phone, his tone patronising. "Will just informed me that you intend to take a few more days off of work. Is this true?"