Phew

The music ended, and I wanted to claw for it back. I wanted to be inside of that serendipitous moment, but it ended and the lights went from being dark to light again and Halle came to meet me on the stage.

I slipped the loud cheers of the audience immediately blasted me back to reality. Damn, these things were good. All the judges were standing up, including Andre and my heart swelled. The biggest smile encapsulated my face.

Damn, I just did that.

"Ezra!" Halle yelled. "What an amazing performance!"

"Thank you!" I said amid the applause.

"Fairouz, you were the first to stand," Halle noticed. "What did you think about the performance?"

"I thought it was amazing!" Fairouz gushed. "I loved the way you sang and how it matched the mood. The way you sang the song utterly entranced me. And don't get me started on your stage presence. You drew everyone in with that and I commence you!"

I put a hand and my heart and mouthed a 'thank-you'. I can't believe someone as talented as Fairouz said that about me. She seemed so genuine.

"How about you Andre?" Halle asked.

"Honest, it's only the second performance, but damn!" Andre shouted happily. "There's going to be a lot of pressure to top your performance. I feel bad for whoever has to go after you."

I laughed a little but tried to ignore my heart accelerating. I'm pretty sure it was leftover nerves.

Brian took the lead. "Ezra, one thing I was concerned about over you was your confidence in singing and commanding the stage. The growth and improvement you've shown over these past few days is astounding, and I commend you! If the watchers don't vote, then I don't know what's wrong with people."

I smile and laugh again, and Halle begins to talk as the stage begins to be dismantled. "How do you feel about tonight?"

"I was so nervous before this," I said into her microphone. "But once I got onstage, I just let the music guide me."

"Okay!" Halle said. "That's so beautiful. Is there anyone special watching you tonight?"

"Just my family back in Toronto," I said. "Mom, Dad, Emmett and Maria! I love you guys so much!"

The audience cheered, and I hope they got the message if they were watching.

"Well, make sure you people vote for Ezra if you don't want to see her eliminated tomorrow!" Halle exclaimed. I exited the stage and found myself backstage.

Grace and Janelle were already there to pile me into hugs, and I melted into them, feeling the nervousness wash away from me.

"You did so well!" Grace gushed. "I can't believe you just did that!"

"Oh, that?" I joked as we all moved down to sit.

Phew.