ND-Yay

I was looking in the mirror admiring myself and I have to admit I do look amazing.

Scratch that. I looked hot.

The dress Andre got for me is a silky black dress with a double high slit, off-the-shoulder sleeves with a neckline that plunged to reveal a sizable portion of my chest. The bodice was tightly woven into a corset. It showed my new tattoo perfectly. Paired with high heels a purse Grace loaned me and a cat-eye eyeliner courtesy of Janelle, I felt gorgeous.

I had to admit Andre had some taste. I couldn't wait to see him.

I told the girls that I was going to a dinner for one of my old friends who I found who lived in LA. I felt horrible lying to them. But they didn't need to get involved if STAN wanted to get involved.

To think of it, STAN hadn't messaged me in a while.

I pulled my hair into a slicked-high bun before clobbering downstairs in my heels. Luckily, no one would question me. Ray moved out of our room this morning, even in our newfound truce.

I stepped outside the backdoor area where Andre told me to find the van that looked fit for a soccer mom in view. Andre was already outside, in a dark blue suit, a beige turtleneck sweater, and a glittering chain that hung off his neck. His jaw dropped on sight.

"Ezra," he began, words falling off his tongue. "You look gorgeous."

His words sent something blossoming down in my heart. His eyes stayed on me the entire time. He pulled me into a hug and I inhaled the scent of him.

"Hello Ezra," he said in his deep voice. "Come inside."

I sat in the front seat as he pulled away from the house and into the night.

Andre glanced behind me. "Since when did you have a tattoo?"

I grinned. "Since this afternoon. What do you think?"

Andre's hands grazed it ever so slightly, but the tingles were strong.

"You look absolutely stunning. You're so beautiful," he sighed, eyes on me. "I love the way the dress looks on you."

I smiled. "Thanks. You look nice too. Where are we going?"

"It's a restaurant downtown," Andre said. "It's really nice, but it is kind of lowkey. I hope you're okay with that."

"No worries," I said. "I'm just happy to be here."

The rest of the car ride was noticeably silent, and I wondered if I should initiate something.

I thought about the girl in his studio. He and Ray. STAN. There was so much I wanted to tell him. But maybe I would tell him later.

Finally, we stopped somewhere, and he came around to open the door for me. I stepped out somewhere. It was a small mellow bungalow wedged in between two other small buildings.

Andre noticed and began to speak, sending me out of my trance. "Don't worry about it. It's going to subvert your expectations."

"How many times have you been here?" I asked.

"Just a couple," Andre asked. "But it is an invitation only."

Andre and I stepped inside, as his hand circled around my waist. I gulped. It was an all-white room that looked like some corporate receptionist's office. There was a woman in all black typing something at the desk, and a set of doors next to her.

Andre stepped forward with me. "Reservation for Andy and a plus-one."

The woman typed at her desk, and it reminded me of the secretaries at the school office who would take an obnoxiously long time pulling up files and giving me anxiety.