First Attempt

First Attempt

“Taehyung, you seemed in a good mood today, hah.” One of his colleagues, Sherry, noticed him while they were going inside the elevator.

“H-huh? What are you talking about?” Taehyung shyly replied.

“You are blooming, you look lively compared to before as if you're a dead person. Is that because you're in love?” Sherry teased him and poked his side.

“No! It's not like that, I-I'm j-just in a-a good mood today, that's it.” Taehyung stuttered because she was right.

He is, in fact, in love with someone, unfortunately, he can't simply tell others because his relationship with that person can be considered a 'sin'.

Well, that person is a guy and that kind of relationship is not yet welcome. He would rather not reveal their relationship because it might affect his boyfriend's image.

“Hmm, is that so? Whatever you say.” Sherry giggled and left the elevator once she arrived at her destination floor.

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief, at least she didn't bother him further. He slightly slapped his cheeks knowing that he was blushing, that's why Sherry noticed him. He cleared his throat when he also arrived at the floor where he was supposed to go.

“Oh, Taehyung-ssi, good morning. What are you doing here?” Michelle greeted Taehyung with a smile on her face.

“Uh, I'm here for Mr. Jeon, is he here?” Taehyung responded.

“Yes, he's here, but I don't think you can go inside.” Michelle told him.

“Why? Is he busy? I guess, I'll be back later, then.” Taehyung uttered.

“It's not like that, he's with his girlfriend and he told me not to disturb him.” Michelle replied, which shocked and confused Taehyung.

Girlfriend?

What is she talking about?

Jungkook is HIS boyfriend, there's no way he'll be in a relationship with others. They've been in a relationship for 4 months. She must have mistaken it, that's not true…

That's not true...

There's no way Jungkook would do that.

Jungkook loved him, right?

When the door of Jungkook's office opened, his thoughts were answered. There is the answer, Jungkook with a girl and his right hand wrapped around her waist.

Their eyes met, his eyes were teary, but Jungkook wasn't bothered at all.

“Who is he, Jungkook? Why is he looking at you?”

“No one, don't mind him, let's go.” Jungkook replied.

“Then, we should discuss our wedding.” The girl who is Jungkook's girlfriend mentioned it.

Her hand, her fingers, specifically caught Taehyung's attention. He saw a ring on her middle finger…

“You're right, the sooner, the better.” Jungkook spoke while passing by Taehyung as if he didn't do anything wrong.

As if he didn't hurt Taehyung at all.

Tears fell from Taehyung's eyes, he couldn't believe the person he loved was already in a relationship with someone else.

Was he not enough?

Was his love not enough for Jungkook?

Did Jungkook ever truly love him?

Was he playing his feelings in the first place?

“Taehyung-ssi, what's wrong? Are you okay?” Michelle asked him.

He wiped his tears and smiled at her, bitterly.

“I-I'm fine, I'm leaving, thank you.” Taehyung smiled and left with a broken heart.

He got inside the elevator, crying silently yet in agony with his heart shattered into pieces.