Second Attempt

Second Attempt

“Break up? W-what are you talking about, Hyung? Are you pranking me? Please, don't make this kind of joke, I don't like it.” Jungkook tried to laugh it off after hearing his boyfriend, Taehyung, decided to end their relationship out of nowhere.

“I'm not joking, Jungkook, I'm serious. I want to break up with you.” Taehyung seriously said while looking at Jungkook, emotionlessly.

Jungkook was looking into Taehyung's eyes, hoping that he could find a hint of lies, but he could tell that Taehyung was serious right now. He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.

“Why? Did I do something wrong? If you have a problem with me, please tell me, so we can fix it.” Jungkook said, with tears starting to build in his eyes.

“There's nothing to fix here, Jungkook…”

“Then tell me what's wrong?! W-why are you being like this? If you want to break up, please at least tell me a reason.” Jungkook shouted.

“I just don't want to continue this suck relationship, okay? Was it hard to understand for you?!” Taehyung yelled, glaring at Jungkook.

“Yes! How can I understand you if you won't give me a proper explanation of why you wanted to break up with me? Do you know that you're hurting me?” Jungkook cried.

“I don't love you, is that enough reason for you?”

That's a lie, please tell me it's a lie.

“I never loved you, I didn't love you, Jungkook.” Taehyung told him without even stuttering while looking straight into Jungkook's eyes.

“I see, so that's your reason, hah. I was fooled by you, I gave everything to you because I love you so much. I didn't expect you don't feel the same way as I did.” Jungkook smiled bitterly and left Taehyung alone.

When Jungkook turned his back, tears immediately fell from Taehyung's eyes that he'd been holding since earlier while telling lies to Jungkook.

His heart was clenching every time he said those words to Jungkook. He doesn't want to hurt him, but he believes it's better if he lets go of Jungkook in a painful way, so Jungkook could hate him and forget him.

That's his goal… After all, he's….

Taehyung fell to his knees while clenching his right fist to his heart. He covered his mouth with his left hand and let out a cough.

He looked at his left hand and saw a mouthful of blood in his palm. A smile appeared on his lips before his sight got blurry, and he collapsed on the grassy ground of the vacant park.

1 month later….

“Jungkook, it's been a while, I haven't seen you in ages.”

Jungkook looked at the person who just called him, and he noticed it was his Hyung.

“What are you doing here, Hyung? Aren't you in abroad?” Jungkook spoke while going near that person.

“Just visiting someone, it's a coincidence I've met you.” His Hyung said with a soft smile.

“I see…” Jungkook looked down and sighed.

“Are you okay? It seems you are bothered.”

“I-uh, how is he? Is Taehyungie Hyung doing okay? It's not that I'm worried, I just uh want to know a bit about him because I haven't seen him for a while now.” Jungkook anxiously rubbed the back of his neck.

“Huh? Jungkook, don't tell me you don't know what happened to Taehyung 3 weeks ago.”

“What do you mean, Jimin Hyung?” Jungkook was confused right now.

“Taehyung died 3 weeks ago because of a heart disease.” Jimin told him, which shattered Jungkook's world.

With tears falling from Jungkook's eyes, he was running to go to the cemetery where Taehyung's grave was. Those words were echoing in his head, he didn't want to believe what Jimin just said to him.

It's all a lie, right?

Taehyung didn't die… Jimin is just lying…

Why? Why did they keep telling the worst lie?

That's not something they should make a joke about.

Taehyung is fine.....

He doesn't want to believe them, but how?

There he is, standing in front of Taehyung's grave.

“This is not true, hahaha, no, this can't be true.” Jungkook murmured to himself.

He was frozen in his place, not knowing what to do. Why? Why didn't he even notice that something was wrong with Taehyung?

“Jungkook”

He turned to his right side and saw Taehyung's mother standing there.

“Here, he told me to give it to you.” She was holding a paper.

Jungkook took it and read what was written on it...

I'm sorry if I have to end things between us, I don't want to hurt you, but this is the only solution I can think of. I loved you, I really do, Jungkook. But due to my sickness, I had to lie to you.

I'm the worst person, right? I apologize for not telling you, I just don't want to be a burden to you. Hurting you was the only solution, so you would hate me.

I don't know if you will receive this letter, but I hope that once you read this, I wish you will be happy without me.

Please forget me, okay? Don't ever bother to think of me, don't cry because of. I won't be there to comfort and hug you anymore. Thank you for everything, Jungkookie.

“You're selfish, you're so selfish, how could you do this to me?” Jungkook cried with his hands shaking while holding the paper.

How is he supposed to be happy without the person he loves?

How can he forget him like this?

Why does everything have to end like this?

He fell to his knees while crying in agony and holding the paper tightly. Not ready yet to believe what just happened. They were right, only love can hurt like this.