Third Attempt (Part 1)

Third Attempt

“Mom, Dad, he's Kim Taehyung, my boyfriend.” Jungkook introduced his boyfriend to his parents while they were in his house, having lunch together.

Taehyung can't hide the fact that he's nervous while hiding behind Jungkook, tightly clutching Jungkook's denim jacket and his heart is beating so fast.

It was Jungkook's idea to introduce him to his parents, even though he was kind of hesitant about that. But since he can't say no to his boyfriend, he agrees to accept it. Besides, Jungkook seemed to truly love him to do this stuff.

There was silence when Jungkook said that, and Taehyung feared this moment. He can see the shock through their eyes, which is very understandable in this kind of situation.

“That… that's wonderful, son, I'm glad you found a partner.” Shinhwa, Jungkook's mother, said with a tight-lipped smile.

She seemed to be smiling, but Taehyung felt something was off with her. Maybe it was because of her blank eyes, there was no hint of excitement in them. But it goes unnoticed by Jungkook, who looks happy because his mother accepted their relationship.

“Why don't you two take a seat? The food will get cold.” Shinhwa told them, motioning to the empty chairs in front of them.

“Right,” Jungkook pulled out the chair for Taehyung to sit on, and Taehyung thanked him and took a seat.

He sat down beside Taehyung, holding his hand on his lap, under the table, and looked at Taehyung, smiling at him. Taehyung smiled back and nervously looked at them.

“Don't worry about my husband, I'm sure he's just surprised to hear that that's why he isn't speaking. He'll support the two of you.” Shinhwa giggled, assuring them everything was fine, but Taehyung didn't feel at ease at all.

The lunch continued with Jungkook and Shinhwa talking to each other, mostly about the relationship between Taehyung and Jungkook. Taehyung barely speaks because he is still afraid of them. Jungkook's father didn't bother to speak at all, as if he didn't exist.

“I'm done,” Jeonsan finally spoke while wiping his mouth with a napkin and stood up from his seat.

“You're leaving?” Shinhwa asked her husband.

“Just go upstairs to my office, you can accompany them without me.” Jeonsan responded and put down the napkin on the table.

Before he left, his eyes met Taehyung, who just accidentally looked at him. A shiver sent down Taehyung's spine when he saw Jungkook's father rolling his eyes and left with a hint of annoyance on his face.

Was it because of him?

Did he not like his relationship with Jungkook?

Is he disgusted?

Those thoughts were in Taehyung's mind, he couldn't be wrong about what he had just seen.

“Ah, I'll wash the dishes now.” Shinhwa stood up to go to the kitchen sink.

“Ahm, I-I'll help, if you don't mind.” Taehyung offered, feeling guilty because of her kindness.

“Oh, thank you. Jungkook, why don't you go talk to your father for a while? Didn't he want to say something to you?” Shinhwa told her son.

“Right, I'll be back later, babe.” Jungkook softly patted Taehyung's butt before he got going.

Taehyung was helping Shinhwa with the dishes and there was an awkward silence surrounding them.

“Break up with my son,” Shinhwa suddenly opened her mouth while standing beside Taehyung, but didn't look at him yet.

“I'm sorry?” Taehyung looked at her with confusion written on his face.

Shinhwa looked at him with a straight face with serious eyes.

“Break up with my son, did you hear it clear now?” Shinhwa's sweet voice also turned into something serious.

“I-I don't understand, why are you saying that? Weren't you happy a minute ago?” Taehyung retorted.

“No, I'm not. In fact, I was disgusted when he said that. Who's parent would be happy once their son confessed to being gay, hah? I don't support that kind of relationship.” Shinhwa stated.

“You should've told us earlier, than playing an act in front of us.” Taehyung replied.

“Don't you understand what I just said earlier? I want you to end this shitty relationship with my son. He doesn't deserve someone like you.” Shinhwa told him with a rather stern tone.

“I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I love him, and he loves me too. I can't simply do what you wanted me to do.” Taehyung said while looking at her eyes.

“Love? Are you insane? You got it wrong, he doesn't love you. He's just confused about his feelings. He would never love a guy, that's not his type. I'm sure he's straight, you must have done something to him, that's why he's acting like this.” Shinhwa blamed Taehyung.

“I didn't do anything to him, he's the one who confessed to me first.” Taehyung denied whatever she was saying.

“Lies. Stop lying, will you? Do you really think that kind of love will do something good for him?” Shinhwa asked him.

“I-I will do anything for him…”

“Are you hearing yourself? You may not notice what kind of situation you two have, but you two will regret it in the future. No one will support gays' love, that is just full of shit. My son will just suffer if he continues his relationship with you, he will get discriminated against, and so on. I would rather not see him suffer and get disgusted with himself because of what you did. So please, end this relationship with him. I hope you understand my intention, I am just being a concerned mother here.” Shinhwa explained her side to him.

“I-I'm sorry, but regardless of what you say, I won't leave him. Whether you believe it or not, we will be happy together.” Taehyung kept on his feet.

“Really? Can you give him a child?” That question made Taehyung freeze. “You can't do that, and we both know that. Jungkook dreams of being a father to his child. And he was so happy while telling me that. That's something you can't give to him. If you really love him, you should be able to give him a child.” Shinhwa blatantly spoke, not caring about Taehyung's feelings.

Taehyung couldn't open his mouth to respond because what she just said was true. He can't bear having a child with Jungkook.

“Don't worry, if you leave right now, I'll make an excuse for you. You should go now, no one welcomes you to the family.” Shinhwa said, patting his shoulder.

Taehyung yanked off her hand and turned around, leaving the house with tears falling from his eyes.

------

Part 2 soon!