Chapter 3 - I am your father...

When Salvatore closed the door of Fumiko's bedroom, Dante looked at him. His second son understood that the kid chose them instead of the children center... big mistake.

Social Worker: I need to have your full contact before leaving. I will pay you a visit tomorrow at noon to check on Suki's state. If you can have the official request of our lawyer for the temporary custody, it is a plus. In parallel, I will complete her file and the commission will have the last word concerning her placement.

Salvatore: Noted, everything will be prepared for tomorrow noon. Here my business card. You can call this number, it's my personal assistant contact, he will organize a car to take you to our place.

Social Worker: If you give me your address directly, it's simple. I don't need someone to drive me.

Salvatore: Sorry, safety measures. It will have to be this way.

Social Worker: Well... see you in few hours.

The social worker left under Salvatore and Dante's annoyed gazes.

In the hospital room, Gabriel had taken a seat while Suki had stayed at the exact same spot without moving.

Gabriel: You can sit back.

Suki: Can... I really stay here... with Mom?

Gabriel: For few minutes only, I am afraid. Visitors are not allowed during the night, the doctor made an exception when he found out that you were there, but he will not let us stay here the entire night.

Suki: You can leave... I can stay here alone... no one will know...

Gabriel: (He smiled a little.) It's not going to work.

In fact, Gabriel was sure that Suki's proposition could easily work at the view of the lack of security of that hospital. She seemed so small that she could hid under the bed without anyone noticing her.

Suki: Can you take me... home? I can stay alone and come back here tomorrow with the bus.

Gabriel: It's not going to work too. Suki, how old are you?

Suki: 11... almost 12... I can take care of myself...

Gabriel: I am sure that you can, but for now, and until your mother's health gets better, we are responsible of you. I hope that you will trust us, as I said, we are only here to help.

Suki looked down at that man's words. She didn't want to talk anymore. She knew that no matter what she would say, they will not change their minds. She sat on the chair near her mother's bed and continued to hold her hand, giving her unconscious body a bit of her warm. She felt tired and naturally put her head on the bed, resting on her forearms. Gabrielstood up silently and went outside. 

Salvatore: So? How is she doing?

Gabriel: She told me that we could leave, that she can manage herself and stays here with her mother.

Dante: That's great. We can let her here and go. Problem solves!

Salvatore: Dante, stop being a stupid jerk. I'm going to call the director of that hospital and ask him to move her to the VIP room. Like that, Suki will be able to stay with her mother.

Dante: You're giving yourself a lot of trouble for that kid.

Salvatore: That kid is my daughter.