Chapter 28 - Long night...

Suki stopped crying at Dante's words. He called her his little sister. Was he finally recognizing himself as her older brother? She wiped her tears and stared at him with her shining beautiful eyes.

Dante: Finally... it's useless to cry like that, I'm not dead, you neither but the bad guy is!

Suki: Is he really...

Dante: Dead? Yes, already rotting in hell! (She was shocked by his coldness regarding someone's death.) I am sorry that you had to hear that jerk talking about your mother like he did... but just think that she was avenged and that he will never be able to hurt you anymore!

Suki: But... you and Gabriel... the police, they will...

Dante: Cops are not a problem, so no need to worry!

Suki: Really?

Dante: You really have trust issues... but I can't blame you... brief, never put yourself in danger in the future! You have brothers able to protect you, it's not a kid's job to protect us, understood?

Suki: Yes... Thank you... 

Suki was now calmer, but her eyes and red cheeks were showing that she had cried. Dante sat on the couch and few minutes later, Salvatore and Gabriel entered.

Salvatore: Suki, we've got everything necessary to go home, if you feel good enough, we can leave the hospital.

Suki: (She looked at her outfit.) Ah yes... but, my clothes...

Salvatore: (He took off his jacket.) Your clothes are not wearable. You will have to wear my jacket, I am sorry.

Suki: It's okay... and your jacket is so long that it covers the hospital gown... (She smiled to reassure him.)

Salvatore: My daughter is a very understanding little girl... let me help you... you have to be very careful with your arm. (He put the jacket on her shoulders with cautious and attached the buttons.)

Gabriel: I will carry you to the car!

Suki: I can walk.

Gabriel: It is not negotiable. (He kneeled down to help her to put her shoes.) Ifit's painful, tell me immediately. (He delicately lifted her.)

Suki was embarrassed to be carried like a child in front of everyone. To avoid to see people's gazes on her, she hid her face in the crock of Gabriel's neck. The young man was very careful and walked slowly. Salvatore was walking ahead, and Dante was behind, keeping an eye on everyone.

They reached the hospital entry where 3 cars and one van with black windows were waiting for them. Bodyguards were in alert and that scene attracted people's attention. They didn't waste time and got in the van. Dante asked the driver to be extremely careful on his drive if he wanted to keep his job.

Suki felt asleep after 10 minutes in the car. When they reached home, Gabriel preferred to gently wake her up to avoid to startle her and taking the risk that she hurt herself. Once again, Gabriel carried her to bedroom and he proposed to help her but she strongly refused, blushing of embarrassment. 

Gabriel: Suki, you don't have to feel embarrassed, I am your brother.

Suki: No... I can do it myself... and you're a boy...