Chapter Two-Paige

"We're back!" Sophie called as she walked in. Micah bounded down the stairs.

"Paige!" He shouted and scooped her into a big hug. "You're home!" She let out an 'oof' as he squeezed her. "Hello to you too!!" He set her down and she took a good look at him. Her little brother wasn't so little anymore. "Look at you! You're a giant!" She had to bend her neck to look up at him.

"He grew three inches when he got his wolf." Their mother said as she walked in the door. "Had to buy him all new clothes over night." Micah shrugged with a mischievous smirk. "It's not my fault the goddess decided to bless me with awesome strength and size." He said flexing his biceps like a bodybuilder.
"Still as humble as ever I see."
"When you look this good, there's no need to be humble." Paige rolled her eyes.

"Humility was never one of the Wilson males attributes," a deep voice said from behind him. Paige stilled as she looked over Micah's shoulder. Her father stood there just as large and imposing as she remembered.

"Father." The one word was all she said by way of greeting. It's all she felt he deserved. Tension filled the entryway as they looked at each other. The last time they had met it had not gone well. The whole family had driven in for her graduation. It had gone well enough until the celebratory dinner.

Her father had not responded well when she told him she wasn't coming home. He had wanted her to come back to the pack, for what she had no idea. It wasn't like it was home anymore. He liked her saying that even less. The evening ended with a shouting match and an ultimatum. She was to come home or be disowned. "Welcome home, Paige," he said tersely.

"Thank you." They starred at each other, neither willing to blink first. Her mother cleared her throat. They both looked to her at the same time.

"Dinner will be ready soon. Micah, why don't you show Paige where she'll be sleeping."

"On it." Micah said, sounding relieved he was getting away from the situation. He grabbed her suitcase and started up the stairs. As she followed him, she tried to shake off the stress of that moment.

"So, when am I going to meet this mate of yours?" She asked, following him into the bedroom. This was why she came home. Her brother and his wolf had reached maturity a few months ago. All pack children connect to their wolves on the first full moon after their 18th birthday. They then go through training and familiarization until they reach maturity at 25. Once they reach maturity they'll be able to feel the mate bond. Micah had turned 25 and found his mate the next day. She was from a neighboring pack and was expected would be joining Moon Wind after the binding was completed.

"She's back at her pack this week. Final goodbyes and all that." Micah replied.

"Of course." While many mated pairs tried to spend every moment together the final week before completion was spent apart. It was supposed to help the final bonding be more... something. Paige didn't really know. She had blocked out most of her lessons from her pack instruction days, preferring to fully immerse herself in the human world. "How's that going?"

"I miss her so much it hurts," he sighed. "Only a few more days though. You'll meet her at the welcome ceremony."

"I can't wait." For mates from separate packs there is always a welcome ceremony the night before the final binding. It's when the new member officially becomes part of the pack and it's a chance for the packs to come together. The female's pack can see where she'll be going and the new pack can get to know her and where she came from. Realistically, both Micah and his mate have already met each others families and packs. They've been courting this whole time. The welcome ceremony was an old tradition that was no longer necessary but it was one that hung around.

Paige's phone rang, she looked at it and saw Anton's name pop up. Her sometimes boyfriend in the human world was calling her. Just what she needed. "I better take this," she said, looking up at Micah.

"Okay. I'll see you downstairs in a bit then." He made his way to the door before turning. "Paige?" He asked, she looked back up at him. "I'm really glad you're here. I know it's not easy with everything. But I'm glad you'll be here for my binding."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." She said giving him a huge smile. Smiling back at her, he left and she took a big breath before answering the phone.