Chapter 6

"Once you pinpoint where he is, report back to me then we'll..." Vito paused for a second once his eyes landed on Joy then soon cleared his throat and continued, "make our next move from there. Am I clear?" 

His men agreed. "Good, dismissed!" Soon his men left. Angelo smirked at his brother before turning around, doing the same to Joy, and then leaving. "Rough day?" Joy teased. "You don't know the half of it," Vito sighs, sitting down in his office chair and leaning back, combing his hand through his hair. Joy pushed herself off of the wall behind her and slowly walked over to his desk. 

Vito watched her carefully and licked his lips as his eyes took in every inch of her body. She leaned against his desk beside him and crossed her arms. "You're stressing yourself too hard, you need a break. How about dinner tonight at your favorite restaurant?" She proposed. Vito hummed. "Sure but if only," he reached out to grab her, pulled her onto his lap, and pampered her neck with kisses, "I get to have you for dessert." 

Joy chuckled at his antics. She rolled her eyes playfully and shook her head. "If only you promise to relax the rest of the night," Joy says. "Fine. No more work until the morning," Vito agreed. Joy pressed a kiss to his lips and smiled down at him. "I love you," Vito whispers. "I love you too." 

Dinner was quiet aside from the occasional babbling from Milana as she stuffed her face. Vito sat across from Joy while Angelo sat in between them and Milana sat on the other side of her mother. During dinner, Angelo could feel the tension between the ex-lovers. Vito's hard stare towards her and Joy's eyes staying on her plate and Milana the whole time. Yet she found herself, standing still as a statue staring into his eyes. "Tomorrow, I have a meeting and you are coming with me," Vito says, "You were always good with words when it came to things that you wanted." Joy scoffed and shook her head. 

"What? I didn't say please?" Vito jokes.

 "Bold of you to assume that I'll go anywhere with you and the fact that you thought you could tell me what to do like one of your soldiers," Joy laughs humorlessly, "Kind of funny actually." Vito cocked an eyebrow and crossed his arms, leaning back against his desk, "Funny? Indulge me on how funny any of this is?" "First you send Aiden after me and then you use Zadia to forcefully kidnap Alec, Milana, and I. Second, you have Alec tortured and nearly killed him right in front of me and now you're asking me to go somewhere with you. It's hilarious actually," Joy scoffs, walking aimlessly around his office. 

"You used to be the first one on your feet when it came to things like this. Up for anything." "Yeah, I used to be, not now. I remind you that I was powered by a weakness called love," Joy hissed. Vito chuckled quietly. 

"Tesoro, l'amore non è una debolezza. What we had wasn't a weakness." Vito pushed off his desk, slowly walking towards her, taking every slight movement of hers. 

Joy didn't run as he approached her ever so slowly. He was like a predator slowly approaching his cornered prey but yet this prey wasn't cornered. She was free to leave if she wanted to, the door was right there and yet she didn't move an inch. Joy felt her heart pump harder, faster. Vito reached out to grasp her tiny hand into his much larger hand. Slightly unbuttoning his shirt, he placed her hand on his bare chest. "What I feel, right here, right now, isn't a weakness," Vito mutters, "Don't ever think for a second that it is." Joy felt his heart pound against her hand, rapidly.

 "Love is my strength and you are my weakness. I'd kill anyone just to have you here close to me." Vito leaned close to her face. His breath brushed against her face. "Come with me." Joy wanted desperately to shove him off, to scream, to rebel against him but yet when her eyes met his, she was in a trance. "Okay, fine. Just this once." Vito offered a tiny smile. "I knew you would agree." Joy scoffs and rolls her eyes, snatching her hand away from him. "Whatever you say," Joy scoffs yet again before turning to leave. "Not even a goodnight kiss?" Vito puckered his lips. "In your dreams, Romeo."

 Joy soon leaves and enters Alec's room. Alec laid against the headboard, a book in his hand with glasses pushed up to his eyes. He peered up at her and smiled gently at her. Lifting his arm, offering a space beside him. Joy slipped in beside him and snuggled into his side, being careful of his injuries as a soft sigh escaped her lips. "What did he want," Alec asks innocently. "I don't wanna talk about him right now," Joy says, "How are you feeling?" "Doc said that I don't have any fatal injuries, just a few bruises and a nearly broken nose and maybe some nearly broken ribs but nothing fatal, I promise. I feel better now that you're here." Joy chuckles softly, "Cheesy as always." Alec laughs in return before sitting down his book on a nearby nightstand. 

"Hell of a first day huh?" Joy nods, "Yeah." Joy traced her finger up and down his chest, feeling it steadily rise and fall. "I swear to you, I'll get you out of here." Joy whispers. "I'm not gonna leave you," Alec tells her, "He can try and intimidate me but I'm not gonna leave you and lose you or Milana. There's nothing that he can do to scare me."

 Joy peered up at Alec, who shared the same gentle gaze. His eyes shifted from her eyes to her lips. Gently, she pressed her lips against his. She pulled away and rested her head against his chest.

 "Stay with me tonight," Alec whispers. "Okay," Joy breathes, "Okay."